Su-34 Completes Testing

Haavarla

I see 04 and 05. Does this mean 03 has already been handed over and there are 5 at Liptesk?

Yes, it looks like they manage to put out 3 Su-34 this year"03, 04, 05".
That is "01" in 2006/2007
"02" in 2007/2008
"03,04,05" in 2009
No doubt they will increase the output rate next year, but how much i don't know..
you can see some pics of the "03" at:

Photos: Sukhoi Su-34 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

Last edited:

Haavarla

Acording to Warfare.ru the russian air force now have 20 Su-34 in thier inventory . But you say only 4?

SU-34/32FN Fullback Long range fighter-bomber | Russian Arms, Military Technology, Analysis of Russia's Military Forces

Those figures are incorrect.
It's more like 10 Su-34's.
I think there is a number Pre-prod Su-34 operating out from Liptesk.
How many is a RuAF secret, but i think they are still using some of them Pre-prod Su-34 as test aircraft for new Engine, Radars, EWE, jammers, and new weapons evaluations. And also for developing better tactics and training purpose.
There are atleast 4-6 Pre-prod Su-34 that should be airworty and operational.
The total Pre-prod Su-34 that was built in the 90's prior to 2006 was eight or nine i think including a static airframe or two..

The little bits and pice of info i have is from various Aviation magazines.
The latest Combat Aircraft Monthly, a two page story by Bob Archer covering Lipetsk!
But i find even those incomplete..
About the Su-34's i quote:
" The Su-34 was also employed for a short while by the 968th IISAP, but with production proceeding very slowly, there is a limited requirement for new Su-34 pilots.
Two Su-34 remain in storage in Lipetsk facilities awaiting their chance for return in service"

Now my bet are that these would be two Pre-prod Su-34, if this are correct..

I have no real evidence on the number of Pre-prod Su-34 operational to day, so by all means pls prove me wrong here.:)
If someone have any recent photos of some Pre-prod Su-34 and other info on the matter, pls post them here.

Thanks

Last edited:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know of any pre-prod Su-34 still operating under VVS command. From what I understand there is a contract for 32 Su-34s by 2013. I'm not sure if 01 and 02 are included in this contract.

Also, iirc, 03 was effectively built in 07, and delivered at the start of 08.

Either way this pace of production is laughable. I hope they can pick it up. Especially now that the Su-24M2 contract is up, and the Su-34 order is the only thing NAPO is working on (as far as I know).