Stryker-Future Of Armoured Personal Carriers

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
the Stryker should be view as a lightly armed battle taxi. the purpose of this vehicle is to increase troop's mobility beyond the current armor vehicle offers. The Stryker brigade is an experienmental unit designed to test out the capability of future rapid reaction force. But this kind of unit have its drawback as well, as it is no match for armor or mechanized units.

fieldmarshal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
most of u guys here are missin the point ........styker is a piece of milatary equipment custom made for the new us milatary doctorine of transformation.......which is small mobile and armed with the latest high tech gismos.........quick reaction force......the stryker is just a part of a large machine so look at it in its entirity.......otherwise u r missin the point

moughoun

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Aussie Digger said:
I compared the Stryker to show the difference between it and a Bradley. There were some "enthusiastic" posters in here claiming the Stryker would make every other armoured vehicle obsolete or something. I merely mentioned the Bradley as an example to show the difference between a Stryker type vehicle and an infantry Fighting Vehicle. I never compared the Stryker directly against a Bradley or a BMP-3.
No mate, I was not taking a dig at you, I know you've had experience with the ASLAV and I've experience with the Pirahna 3H here, but some people seem to think that if a vehicle has armour it is suddenly a micv, when in reality vehicle's in the Stryker or Pirahna class are just for inf mobility and light force projection and protection

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
fieldmarshal said:
most of u guys here are missin the point ........styker is a piece of milatary equipment custom made for the new us milatary doctorine of transformation.......which is small mobile and armed with the latest high tech gismos.........quick reaction force......the stryker is just a part of a large machine so look at it in its entirity.......otherwise u r missin the point
You have a point there, but then it is not so much the vehicle (mod Piranha) but rather what's in and on it that is important.