Special forces entry?

Paxter

every nation has their own way of making their special forces i found one on PASKAL

Paskal : Training
As a Special Forces unit, Paskal's personnel must be mentally and physically agile. Every new trainees are required to undergo 3 months of basic commando training at RMN Lumut Naval Base and then, they will be sent to SWTC (Special Warfare Training Centre), Sungai Udang to experience basic parachuting and diving. Those who passed the grueling training process, will continue to withstand the Advanced First Class training. Paskal's personnel are given specialize courses in several fields such as medical, communications, explosives and electrical / mechanical repairing. They are also required to pass a physical test once for every three months. Among the test conducted:

1)7.8km running in 24 minutes (below 24 years of age)
2)1.5km swimming not more than 25 minutes (in swimming pool)
3)6.4km sea swimming with full combat load in under 120 minutes
4)Free style swimming for 1.5km under 31 minutes

Swimming with hands and feet tighten together for about 75m
Diving without breathing apparatus for about 50m in depth
Paskal is strongly influenced by the tactics and organization of British Special Boat Section (SBS). Paskal usually trains with GGK as well as US Navy's SEAL, Indonesian Navy's KOPASKA and, of course - SBS. One of the 'problems' that Paskal is facing right now are the very low passing rate of it's trainees. This is particularly because the selection process is so tough, that the passing rate was supposedly 5 - 10% only. As an example, from 100 personnel who undergo the basic commando training, only about 10 of them are qualified and selected to join Paskal.

Paskal : Roles
One of Paskal's roles is to launch offensive operations independently via sea, land and air in enemy controlled waters. Paskal were trained to conduct maritime operations such as anti-pirating, anti-ship / oil rigs hijacking.
The security of 30+ oil rigs in Malaysian waters are under the control and responsibility of Paskal. Until now, Paskal had been able to conduct training in almost all of those oil rigs. A consortium of oil company may also support Paskal's operation by contributing financial assistance in buying new weapons and equipment. This has made Paskal as the most sophisticated and well-equipped SOF unit in Malaysia.

The Paskal's missions also consist of beachhead / deep penetrations reconnaissance, demolition and sabotage, but their skills and activity extend beyond that. Paskal can be deploy in securing landingsites for Army's amphibious attacks, attacking top priority ships in enemy harbours, Counter-Terrorist missions (CT) and countermine operations.

Paskal's personnel were also located in man-made offshore stations particularly in Layang-Layang atoll as well as in several RMN's ships. Like other Special Forces units, Paskal requires special type of weapons and equipments such as submachineguns and ammunition that is specifically designed for underwater combat. Another equipment that has been used by Paskal is subskimmer, a high-speed inflatable / collapsible craft that can be converted into to a small 'submarine'. Its crew usually use close-circuit breathing apparatus while remaining in underwater. Subskimmer is the best way to move around without being detected.

BTW they have excess to the most advance weapons around for special forces due to the money they get from oil and gas corp.

DRUB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Paxter said:
1)7.8km running in 24 minutes (below 24 years of age)
Whoa, now that is ridiculously fast. My best time would be somewhere in the mid 30's, but 24 minutes, whoa

A

Aussie Digger

Are you sure about the 7.8k's in under 24 minutes? Slightly better than 3 minute k's seems like a bit of overkill to me. Endurance and speed is important, but you'd need to train to almost Olympic standards of running to achieve this. Whilst in the army, the best time I ever achieved on the 2.4klm run the Australian Army uses as it's basic fitness assessment was 8.30 minutes flat. At that pace (presuming I could keep it up!!!) I would only cover 6.9 kilometers over 24 minutes. I would never be able to do 7.8k's in 24 minutes. The 8.30 minute run was basically a flat out sprint for me and with the level of fitness I had then I would have easily met the basic Australian Special Forces fitness standards. As such, I think the timed run is a bit of an exaggeration.

Paxter

that isnt that bad if you consider the basic commando training where you basicly are in loin cloth and a commando knife and getting your ass kick out of the heli into the rainforest and you got to live there for 2 weeks and come out alive if you do you are a commando in the malaysian army.

Here is an url on paskal some fan did it check out the pic section nice SAS pics too

http://satu.pelayanweb.com/~rl03/paskal/

Paxter

are you mad SAS is like the most known spec ops units on earth, the british are the fathers of modern commando tactics check out during WW2 what they did, they made sure the nazi could not build the atomic bomb by blowing up all those heavy water factories,

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Paxter said:
are you mad SAS is like the most known spec ops units on earth, the british are the fathers of modern commando tactics check out during WW2 what they did, they made sure the nazi could not build the atomic bomb by blowing up all those heavy water factories,
There's an argument that would support that the SAS are the grand daddies of all modern special forces.

BUT, the first unit that defined special forces roles and definitely has the title for being the foundation for all special forces concepts is Rogers Rangers from the 18th Century. Some of the tactics as defined by Rogers in the 18th Century are still used conceptually 250 years later.

Soldier

Just because Rogers Rangers tactics are still used does not make them the best in the world. They may be been in 19th century. For now it is SAS of British, which rules with the cleanest record.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Soldier said:
Just because Rogers Rangers tactics are still used does not make them the best in the world. They may be been in 19th century. For now it is SAS of British, which rules with the cleanest record.
Soldier, read my post in relation to the prev thread. I'm not saying that Rogers were the best in the world. The response was in context to
the british are the fathers of modern commando tactics
The above statement is palpably incorrect.

The SAS are for me the benchmark, and I have seen a few other special forces operaters at "play."

Soldier

Yep you are right GF.... I did not read it properly before commenting... Sorry about that!!!

Soldier, read my post in relation to the prev thread. I'm not saying that Rogers were the best in the world. The response was in context to
the british are the fathers of modern commando tactics
The above statement is palpably incorrect.

The SAS are for me the benchmark, and I have seen a few other special forces operaters at "play."

adsH

Paxter said:
well known, but not much about there ops is known other than wht is released we know they go through some of the most back breaking and Syc training and assemment and as some people said before you need to have a clean service record with realy high levels of fitness but what they realy do out there and where they are is not known. :roll

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Generally selectee's for a Spec Ops organization will be screened for well above average intelligence, as well as being physically fit well beyond the "standards" of their parent military orgainization. Being tough a good spec ops operator does not make, it's a combination of intelligence, toughness (inestinal fortitude), skills and equipment. I'm not familiar enough with every spec ops community to pass judgement on them all but I would put my money on the SAS as being the best of the best. They are intelligent and tough individuals, they have superb training, equipment and all of their operators have "real world" experience the last of which is a real boon to any spec ops community. I suspect that the SAS, and the United States spec ops communities will see a vast improvement over the next 10 years because of the diverse real world experience the operators and the feeder organizations have been getting this past few years.