Some newer stuff from me...so far

Some newer stuff from me (Pic update!)

One of Libya's many converted pick up trucks during the take down of Gaddafi.

Another version:

Last edited:

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
Thanks for the support.
Ok, where is the "Like" button on here?

Very good work. Do you have any other photos of the first truck with the rocket launcher, that gives an idea of the scale you are working with? I am curious just how big that "Wanted" poster actually is.

-Cheers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok, where is the "Like" button on here?

Very good work. Do you have any other photos of the first truck with the rocket launcher, that gives an idea of the scale you are working with? I am curious just how big that "Wanted" poster actually is.

-Cheers
I can take a pic later but the scale is 1/35.

This is a diorama I have been working on for many months now and it is 99% complete. It is a called Close Contact. It illustrates a soon-to-be close combat between US troops and insurgents.

aussienscale

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Your super detailing skills are amazing, very well done indeed, have you always stuck to the military theme ? you would be very good at super detailing a model railway layout, maybe you could do a military theme, heaps more fun when you can play with them too :)

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
That diorama is absolutely amazing. The first photo looks like a photo of a real street! Well done mate :)

Your super detailing skills are amazing, very well done indeed, have you always stuck to the military theme ? you would be very good at super detailing a model railway layout, maybe you could do a military theme, heaps more fun when you can play with them too :)
Thanks. Appreciate it. I also do civilian modeling like 1/24 trucks and cars. I am thinking of doing a model railroad diorama sometime in the future.

Thanks. Appreciate it. I also do civilian modeling like 1/24 trucks and cars. I am thinking of doing a model railroad diorama sometime in the future.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
mate you should be approaching movie studios about doing miniatures. your stuff really is quite spectacular

cdxbow

mate you should be approaching movie studios about doing miniatures. your stuff really is quite spectacular
You are showing your age, sadly very little special FX works uses miniatures now, it's all digital. Nice models, though.

Last edited:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
You are showing your age, sadly very little special FX works uses miniatures now, it's all digital. Nice models, though.

I was curious about your comment, so checked with my daughter who works in the movie industry

there is a move back to using miniatures especially with the current space and war movies as they can achieve far better realism with models than they can with digital effects

case in point given to me was the film Interstellar

for proper close detailed lighting shots they shoot at 6 frames per second as opposed to the normal 24fps. they tend to have 20-30 second exposure rates to maximise on detail

for explosions they shoot at 72fps then slow it down to 24fps as it magnifies the effect and detail

digital does get used where the lighting is too difficult to stage but some Photog Directors are clearly moving back into using miniatures (although some of those mins are 1/15th scale as they also want to build as much detail as possible in to them for when they do the 6fps for close ups

the rigs to move these miniatures are virtual simulators - and unbelieveable in the range of motion they can achieve for the close up shots

quite a few of the sword and sandal stuff (GoT and Jacksons stuff) also rely on miniatures so as to get detail.