Singapore Army Commandos

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
they are not good, they often got lost in the jungle without their fancy navigational aid. they are high tech reliant, useless without those fancy gears.

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Thats not nice to criticize a soldiers unit like that! Have you PERSONALY worked with these guys or is it here say? I have worked with several Malaysian army units, and remember one encounter which involved a company attack. The malay,s had no BFA,s(blank fireing attachments),and so just sat down and cocked their rifles manually and fired them in the air to create battle noise simulation. The attack stopped there! On another occasion ,at shoal water bay, the Malays were only issued with one water bottle each. We had to give up one of our six bottles each so that they didnt die on an exercise! I remember a Malaysian major navigateing with the wrong map! And that is true! He asked me to show our position on the map,he was obviously confused,as the feature he thought we were on was on the previos map,that we had left about 5km before! I am sure that we can find faults in each other if we try, but I have worked with Singapore soldiers too,the conscript grunts are trained to defend Singapore,and although not up to western standards,defend her they could. Their SF are pretty good by comparison.:mad:
(by the way,primary jungle is one place that is not hard to get lost in!) Navigational aids like GPS are unreliable because of the thick canopy above you. We are trained to rely on compas bearings and counting your paces, this is unblelievably accurate when practiced!

Last edited:

Big-E

Banned Member
Those guys are bad ass, I love all the flower girls. :p:

Awang se said:
they are not good, they often got lost in the jungle without their fancy navigational aid. they are high tech reliant, useless without those fancy gears.

As a defense professional we would ask you to show more respect for other nation's fighters. That was just rude.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
:) I'm sorry, i don't really mean what i said. really. i simply wish to provoke a response, which is very soon in coming. i realize the weakness that the Malaysian army posses. but it's nice to hear it from others. about shooting the air, well i'm yet to see a soldiers pointlessly shooting up to the air in the name of training. if i see one in my company, i would've kick his b*tt all the way to court martial. i guess i will discuss this in land forces then. again, i apologise. cheers;)

whiterose

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you very much for your supportive replies, Old Faithful and Big E. I appreciate it. Thank you too for looking at my old army pictures. :) Big E, I love the cute flower girls too. :D