Question Simultaneous arrival of artillery shels

I read in the defence section of todays "The Australian" that the proposed K9 SPH is capable of simultaneously landing multiple projectiles on target
I have been unsuccessful in finding anything useful on Mr Google, is there a reference that a layman such as me could get some idea of how this is done.
I am assuming that apart from different trajectories, different charges are also required. How can this be done and maintain the required rate of fire?

aussienscale

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
I read in the defence section of todays "The Australian" that the proposed K9 SPH is capable of simultaneously landing multiple projectiles on target
I have been unsuccessful in finding anything useful on Mr Google, is there a reference that a layman such as me could get some idea of how this is done.
I am assuming that apart from different trajectories, different charges are also required. How can this be done and maintain the required rate of fire?
Hi, and welcome to the forum, probably better to ask a question in the relevant forum, so a better one for the Australian Army thread rather than a new thread or question.

The capability you are looking for is called Multiple Round Simultaneous Impact (MSRI) for the K9 it is a volley or burst of 3 rounds, each with varying barrel elevations, they are computer timed with the differing arcs of the rounds to land in the same location at the same time. Do some more Google fu and I am sure you will find more, there is a youtube promotional video that explains it but can't find it for the moment, search for the K9 Thunder and work your way through and I am sure you will come across it

Cheers