Security Clearance

colosus

Any one could help?,

I am Filipino citizen and I work with the several Satellite Communication Provider locally and midle east. The issue is I want to grab other good opportunity in the US, but the problem is after my submition of my credentials they found out that I'm a Filipino and then they said thier need a Security Clearance. Here the question; It is posible that I can avial this SC on my own or otherwise I need and sponsorship about this?.

Thanks for any advise.
Edwin

Last edited:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Any one could help?,

I am Filipino citizen and I work with the several Satellite Communication Provider locally and midle east. The issue is I want to grab other good opportunity in the US, but the problem is after my submition of my credentials they found out that I'm a Filipino and then they said thier need a Security Clearance. Here the question; It is posible that I can avial this SC on my own or otherwise I need and sponsorship about this?.

Thanks for any advise.
Edwin
you need to give more detail.

if its a military position then the clearance level is directly related to the position. you will need to be a US citizen and at best (depending on the job) hold dual citizenship depending on whether one is american. some will say that you cannot hold duel citizenship but they are wrong. eg one of the Defence Professionals on this forum holds Aust and US citizenships and has worked on very sensitive projects for USMil, USG and large Defence companys.

if you've worked in the ME then it will depend on where and whether the company was regarded as a risk in its own right, it will also depend on which country it was.

if its a non military job then they will vet you before hand
if its a military role and they want you then they would normally send out ba security pack for you to complete and that would be backstopped by their own investigation.

if military then they will also want to know all your relatives, if they live OS, where they live OS etc etc....... any gaps in the answers and you miss out.

all in all, its much too hard just to give you a single answer as there are too many questions involved.

as an example, one of my face to face clearance interviews lasted for 4 hrs and took 1 month to finalise. they can take up to 18months start to finish in some countries (for hi-level clearances)

colosus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi,

Thanks for this deatils, now it,s clear and got some ideas about it.

Thanks,
Edwin

you need to give more detail.

if its a military position then the clearance level is directly related to the position. you will need to be a US citizen and at best (depending on the job) hold dual citizenship depending on whether one is american. some will say that you cannot hold duel citizenship but they are wrong. eg one of the Defence Professionals on this forum holds Aust and US citizenships and has worked on very sensitive projects for USMil, USG and large Defence companys.

if you've worked in the ME then it will depend on where and whether the company was regarded as a risk in its own right, it will also depend on which country it was.

if its a non military job then they will vet you before hand
if its a military role and they want you then they would normally send out ba security pack for you to complete and that would be backstopped by their own investigation.

if military then they will also want to know all your relatives, if they live OS, where they live OS etc etc....... any gaps in the answers and you miss out.

all in all, its much too hard just to give you a single answer as there are too many questions involved.

as an example, one of my face to face clearance interviews lasted for 4 hrs and took 1 month to finalise. they can take up to 18months start to finish in some countries (for hi-level clearances)