Saw

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just watched films 1-4 of the series. Fascinating. Incredibly perverse, and yet at the same time logical. Not for those with a weak stomach. Definetly not for those who can't follow complex storylines. This is an incredibly complex storyline. And interestingly enough it spans all 5 films as far as I can tell.

Has anyone else seen them? Have any opinions?

Spoiler warning. If you plan to watch them, don't read the movie synapses, or the wiki page. They will definetly spoil the endings for you.

splat

Banned Member
Just watched films 1-4 of the series. Fascinating. Incredibly perverse, and yet at the same time logical. Not for those with a weak stomach. Definetly not for those who can't follow complex storylines. This is an incredibly complex storyline. And interestingly enough it spans all 5 films as far as I can tell.

Has anyone else seen them? Have any opinions?

Spoiler warning. If you plan to watch them, don't read the movie synapses, or the wiki page. They will definetly spoil the endings for you.

Yeah i watched them and they were a real laugh.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really? Am I the only one that finds the storyline to be really complex past the 3rd film? Huh. Maybe I'm not a very bright person. :(

Humanoid

I have to agree with Feanor, to an extent. The plot seems to be as complex or as simple as one is willing to make it. If you really slow down and try to figure out all that's going on, it can be incredibly complex and well thought-out, but if your just watching it for its perverse death scenes, the plot is lost on you

Really? Am I the only one that finds the storyline to be really complex past the 3rd film? Huh. Maybe I'm not a very bright person. :(
Have to agree with Feanor: it is a complex story line. Part two was - IMHO - the weakest of the plot. I did not expect four to follow it's pattern considering the ending of three.

Have not seen Saw V jet - Sky should release it this autumn - so who knows where the plot will go. [Could wiki it, but...!] However I do agree with the punter who said it is a bit of fun; people aren't really that evil, are they...? :shudder

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saw V is already out. Saw VI is coming out this autumn. Anyone with some basic internet skills can pirate Saw V in an afternoon. ;) Or buy it off amazon.

Falstaff

Saw V is already out. Saw VI is coming out this autumn. Anyone with some basic internet skills can pirate Saw V in an afternoon. ;)
Shame on you (caugh) :D Anyway, I watched all 5 movies recently and I have to confess that I find the plot very complex. Especially interesting is the fact that many things are explained in later movies. So my impression is that the series was conceived as a series from the beginning.
My favourite movie is SAW III, I think the weakest is the fifth.

BTW it took 45 minutes... if I had done it, that is...