Saudi Military Exercise Peace Sword 7 (115,000 personnel & 6000 vehicles)

SaudiArabian

Prince Khaled attends concluding ceremony of Seif Al-Salam Exercises

Tabuk, Saudi Arabia, May 14, SPA -- Prince Khalid bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz, the Assistant Minister of Defense and Aviation for Military Affairs, arrived here last night to patronize later today a ceremony to mark the end of Seif Al-Salam-7 Exercises.

He was welcomed at Tabuk regional airport by Prince Fahd bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz, the Governor of Tabuk region, and a number of high-ranking officials.

--SPA
http://www.spa.gov.sa/English/details.php?id=555706

Prince Khalid bin Sultan witnesses Naval Training Operation

Amluj, Saudi Arabia, May 14, SPA -- Prince Khalid bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz, the Assistant Defense and Aviation Minister for Military Affairs, attended here yesterday at the Islands alongside Amluj at the Red Sea the independent training operation of the naval forces, "Al-Qirsh" (Shark), which comes within the framework of Seif Al-Salam-7 Exercises.

Prince Khalid bin Sultan, who was accompanied by a number of high-ranking officers, was welcomed by Commander of the Western Fleet, Rear Admiral Abdullah Al-Sultan, and a number of officers.

Speaking on the occasion, Prince Khalid bin Sultan highlighted the excellent training received by the Naval Forces.
He noted that the directives of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz and his Crown Prince stress on the importance of developing the Armed Forces and improving their combat-readiness.
Later Prince Khalid bin Sultan received a memorial gift from the Commander of The Western Fleet.

--SPA
http://www.spa.gov.sa/English/details.php?id=555713

Prince Khalid bin Sultan patronizes conclusion of "Sword of Peace 7" exercise

Tabuk, May 14 , SPA -- Prince Khalid bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz, Assistant Minister of Defense and Aviation for Military Affairs, patronized today in the Northwestern region the conclusion of the exercise "Sword of Peace 7" with participation of all branches of the armed forces.

In a speech on the occasion, Prince Khalid bin Sultan pointed out that more than 115,000 personnel and officers and 6000 vehicles participated in the exercise which will improve year after year, he said.

Prince Khalid bin Sultan stated that the participation of Imam Mohammad bin Saud Mechanized Brigade of the National Guard in the exercise is the new element of this year's exercise.

Prince Khalid bin Sultan commended the Border Guards' participation in the exercise.
Prince Khalid bin Sultan also praised the Naval Forces' exercise which took place yesterday in Amloj.

At the end of the event, Prince Khalid bin Sultan left Tabuk airport and was seen off by Prince Fahd bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz, Governor of Tabuk Region, and other officials.

--SPA
http://www.spa.gov.sa/English/details.php?id=555880

Saudis Hold Major Military Exercise
By: DAVID BEDEIN, The Bulletin
05/15/2008

Saudi Arabia has been conducting a major multi-service military exercise.

The exercise, entitled Sword of Peace-7, takes place nearly every year and includes every service in the military.

The Saudi command has attended Sword of Peace, commanded by Maj. Gen. Zein Bin Talihan Al Harbi, head of the military's Northwest Command.

The officials included Deputy Defense Minister Prince Khaled Bin Sultan and Saudi Arabian National Guard deputy commander Gen. Miteb Bin Abdullah.

"Training is one of the major elements of success in wars," Maj. Gen. Harbi said.

The reason given by the Saudis for these exercises: the danger of an invasion by a neighboring state.

The only nation at war with the Saudis today is Israel. The Saudis declared war against Israel in 1948 and have refused to agree to any armistice, peace treaty or cease-fire with the Jewish state in the past 60 years.

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/index.cfm?newsid=19694703&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=8

ROCK45

War

SaudiArabian
The only nation at war with the Saudis today is Israel.
What war are they in you make sound like there currently fighting?

The Saudis declared war against Israel in 1948 and have refused to agree to any armistice, peace treaty or cease-fire with the Jewish state in the past 60 years.
Just reading your words doesn't seem odd or even silly that after sixty-years nothing could have been worked out?

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif
Smile

SaudiArabian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What war are they in you make sound like there currently fighting?
both are in state of war since 1948. You can say they are currently in like cold war. KSA participated with its military in wars and battles against israel in 1948 , 1956 , 1967 , 1969 & 1973. Both states were almost going to war in 1988. There was military confrontations on boarders in 2002 & 2003.

israel accused KSA of financing and supporting suicide bombings by Palestinians against israel.
KSA accused israel of supporting and being behind Al-Qaedah of the Arabian peninsulla to launch attacks against KSA.

Saudi GIP leader stated that israel the most dangerous threat for KSA in the short and med term.

later during the war in 2006 , KSA threatened it will cancel the peace offer and take "War" as strategic option.

ROCK45

Since 1948

SaudiArabian
israel accused KSA of financing and supporting suicide bombings by Palestinians
against israel.
This I have heard before and has been said or reported by many news agencies.I have no way of really knowing some assume it is true.

KSA accused israel of supporting and being behind Al-Qaedah of the Arabian peninsulla to launch attacks against KSA.
I didn't know this I'll have to long it up.

Saudi GIP leader stated that israel the most dangerous threat for KSA in the short and med term.
Well if the first part you wrote is true then maybe they are and deserve it then. Suicide bombers among other things are people being used by others if you look at it in a basic sense. They listen to somebody telling them to kill themselves and others, am I missing something? I assume because there not brave enough to do it themselves or get enjoyment out being so twisted to see others die and suffer? I'm not from the region but can't understand how is religion in 2008 so powerful that people listen to others and throw there life away and kill other at the same time in this manor. In Iraq people from basically the same religion nothing involving Israel blow each other up. Woman and children being killed in markets just trying to buy food? How twisted or mess up does somebody have to be to order somebody else not themselves to there deaths and kill woman and children? Sorry for going off on this but I just don't understand this or how it basically seems to be accepted?

later during the war in 2006 , KSA threatened it will cancel the peace offer and take "War" as strategic option.
I honestly don't know about this and will have to look it up if you could post a link thanks.

Smile

rumie

Why is very easy to under stand

Hi rocky 45
it’s very easy to understand the people who blow up themselves and the other people they are not educated and in the Muslim world literacy rate is less than 50 %.you can find a lot of people who got nothing in their own brain can't read and write but follow the mullahs for the greed of paradise and the glory of the dying in the battle. In Europe the theorists were educated and living in fantasy world of brother hood land and twisted by their own brain why because they never bothered to read the history and practise of Islam again listened to a manipulative mullah. Even in the early days of the Islamic world there are no examples of the behaviour we see today the things you are watching in the world today especially in Muslim world. This behaviour of the people is accidental not the fundamental or actual practise of the religion and I also blame the intellectual elite of the Islamic countries who failed to address this as an illegal act which is totally and utterly against the fundamentals of the religion. It is an intellectual and moral failer on a grand scale.
I totally understand the way you see the things because you haven’t seen any firm and sensible response from Muslim world for all sorts of reasons .All Muslims should condemn these heinous crimes without reservations and justifications.

Regards
rumie

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The exercises seem very large scale. Could you post more specific info, like which Brigades were involved and possibly a map of the actual manouevers? I know I'm asking for a lot, but I'm very interested and haven't found anything myself (admittedly my google search was rather short, as I'm running out of time).

SaudiArabian

Well if the first part you wrote is true then maybe they are and deserve it then. Suicide bombers among other things are people being used by others if you look at it in a basic sense. They listen to somebody telling them to kill themselves and others, am I missing something? I assume because there not brave enough to do it themselves or get enjoyment out being so twisted to see others die and suffer? I'm not from the region but can't understand how is religion in 2008 so powerful that people listen to others and throw there life away and kill other at the same time in this manor. In Iraq people from basically the same religion nothing involving Israel blow each other up. Woman and children being killed in markets just trying to buy food? How twisted or mess up does somebody have to be to order somebody else not themselves to there deaths and kill woman and children? Sorry for going off on this but I just don't understand this or how it basically seems to be accepted?
i agree with you and what you said is right. i remember once the leader of Hamas said he wouldn't let his own sons make suicide bombings.

exept this sentence : "..I'm not from the region but can't understand how is religion in 2008 so powerful.."

its not the religion , its those who put themselves to speak by the name of the religion.

I honestly don't know about this and will have to look it up if you could post a link thanks.

Smile
http://www.mofa.gov.sa/detail.asp?InNewsItemID=53127&InTemplateKey=print
its the 2nd statement during the war in which KSA threatend to take war as a strategic option and cancel the entire Arab peace plan.

Hi rocky 45
it’s very easy to understand the people who blow up themselves and the other people they are not educated and in the Muslim world literacy rate is less than 50 %.you can find a lot of people who got nothing in their own brain can't read and write but follow the mullahs for the greed of paradise and the glory of the dying in the battle. In Europe the theorists were educated and living in fantasy world of brother hood land and twisted by their own brain why because they never bothered to read the history and practise of Islam again listened to a manipulative mullah. Even in the early days of the Islamic world there are no examples of the behaviour we see today the things you are watching in the world today especially in Muslim world. This behaviour of the people is accidental not the fundamental or actual practise of the religion and I also blame the intellectual elite of the Islamic countries who failed to address this as an illegal act which is totally and utterly against the fundamentals of the religion. It is an intellectual and moral failer on a grand scale.
I totally understand the way you see the things because you haven’t seen any firm and sensible response from Muslim world for all sorts of reasons .All Muslims should condemn these heinous crimes without reservations and justifications.

Regards
rumie
it has nothing to do with literacy nor education. as a matter of fact many of the suicide bombers belong to wealthy families and they are well-educated.

its the problem of ideologies and misinterpretations of religious texts.

The exercises seem very large scale. Could you post more specific info, like which Brigades were involved and possibly a map of the actual manouevers? I know I'm asking for a lot, but I'm very interested and haven't found anything myself (admittedly my google search was rather short, as I'm running out of time).
i apology i do not posses these information because they are not revealed. KSA military , unlike many other countries , maintain huge secrecy on such matters.

however , all i can tell is that the exercise took place in the entire north western region.

2002 and 2003!

Can you elaborate more?
israeli air force violated the Saudi air space multiple times. the Kingdom responded by deployments of its armed forces. some air force confrontations happened but the orders strictly said not to fire at the targets but to engage them by forcing them out of the airspace or force them to land.

Peace Sword 4 exercise was carried out during that period in that region.

it was rumored that the RSAF used sophisticated air manuevers to force two israeli jet fighters to land in Tabuk.
http://www.alwatan.com.kw/Default.aspx?MgDid=68089&pageId=26

AtaSaudi

israeli air force violated the Saudi air space multiple times. the Kingdom responded by deployments of its armed forces. some air force confrontations happened but the orders strictly said not to fire at the targets but to engage them by forcing them out of the airspace or force them to land.

Peace Sword 4 exercise was carried out during that period in that region.

it was rumored that the RSAF used sophisticated air manuevers to force two israeli jet fighters to land in Tabuk.
http://www.alwatan.com.kw/Default.aspx?MgDid=68089&pageId=26

Thank you SaudiArabian for your post. I heard the same news back in 2003 but I did not believe it. As far as I know, no leading Media agency covered the story.

ROCK45

Funding

Thank you for responding SaudiArabian
I read the attached link it doesn't give a lot of information why Israel would violate your countries air space. I must admit it troubles me to see all the funding go into that area without seeing or controlling how it was spent. I'm sure you understand that some didn't go to building roads, building schools, medical needs, buying food for the poor, or housing, etc, but to the terrorist themselves to buy weapons to kill. In a sense Saudi Arabian directly funded the terrorist I'm not trying to come across mean or nasty. Maybe Saudi Arabian had good intension's when giving the money but not monitoring it seems careless to say the least. With all that money everybody in those camps could have had two houses each and a free medical program, etc. My country has done it's share of similar things and isn't above such activity, I didn't want to come across like my country perfect either. There is so much I don't know or understand about the situation and this isn't the correct forum to disgust. Thank you for taking the time to answer and I hope I didn't offend you or your country.

mohd2590

it is not sin to strengthen yourself especially for defence purposes. what is wrong is when you attack other countries like be your hobby...

yasin_khan

it is not sin to strengthen yourself especially for defence purposes. what is wrong is when you attack other countries like be your hobby...
You are right after cold war there is only one Super power U.S.A then why U.S.A is making weapons which are so much dangerous for whole human kind.

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are right after cold war there is only one Super power U.S.A then why U.S.A is making weapons which are so much dangerous for whole human kind.
(i) You are correct that the US is the largest arms supplier and consumer in the world. In FY2008, the US sold S$32 billion of weapons in FMS agreements. Using 2007 figures, the next 4 countries with the largest arms sales (with all their sales combined) would still be smaller than total US FMS sales in 2007.

(ii) The US is the largest seller of arms in the world (even to moderate Muslim countries) because there is demand. Six out of the top 10 recipients of US FMS are Arab or Muslim countries, namely, Pakistan (1), Saudi Arabia (2), Iraq (4), UAE (6), Kuwait (7) and Egypt (8).

(iii) Demand for weapons is often driven by threat perception. More often than not, the more a country (or even an armed gang) feels threatened, the greater the demand.

(iv) One source/cause for high threat perception would include other people/countries denying that a country/ethnic group has a right to exist. Another would include being subject to arbitrary attacks by terrorist groups.

(v) In other words, there are some people in this world actively attempting to kill others and/or others who believe that they have the right to kill others. Hence, the continued demand for arms.

BTW SaudiArabian, nice pictures and thanks for the news update.

Last edited:

cheetah

both are in state of war since 1948. You can say they are currently in like cold war. KSA participated with its military in wars and battles against israel in 1948 , 1956 , 1967 , 1969 & 1973. Both states were almost going to war in 1988. There was military confrontations on boarders in 2002 & 2003.

israel accused KSA of financing and supporting suicide bombings by Palestinians against israel.

wow i needed some comedy this is the best i have seen thanks saudi:eek:nfloorl:

With american army based in your country you threatned ISRAEL :D

SaudiArabian

BTW SaudiArabian, nice pictures and thanks for the news update.
you're welcome

wow i needed some comedy this is the best i have seen thanks saudi:eek:nfloorl:

With american army based in your country you threatned ISRAEL :D
Yes you are right having U.S army in the country and talks about threatning Israel.:nutkick
laugh as you like :)

firstly , the threats were real and were issued officially , you can read it in the following links. Prince Bandar and Prince Saud Al-Faisal travelled to the US , UK , France , Russia and China in a very short time delivering messages from the King warning of the outcome of a Saudi-israeli conflict
http://www.spa.gov.sa/English/details.php?id=378151
http://www.spa.gov.sa/English/details.php?id=378153

and secondly there is no "US army" in here. all US active force which existed in here (about 5000 airmen in part of PSAB after the 90-91 war ended) were withdrawn completely since August 2003

the only US military personnel here are about 1000 and they are all trainers mostly working for the Saudi National Guards.

yasin_khan

you're welcome

laugh as you like :)

firstly , the threats were real and were issued officially , you can read it in the following links. Prince Bandar and Prince Saud Al-Faisal travelled to the US , UK , France , Russia and China in a very short time delivering messages from the King warning of the outcome of a Saudi-israeli conflict
http://www.spa.gov.sa/English/details.php?id=378151
http://www.spa.gov.sa/English/details.php?id=378153

and secondly there is no "US army" in here. all US active force which existed in here (about 5000 airmen in part of PSAB after the 90-91 war ended) were withdrawn completely since August 2003

the only US military personnel here are about 1000 and they are all trainers mostly working for the Saudi National Guards.
PAF Cheif also said that they can destroy US drones attacking Pakistani territory but actualy they are not willing to destroyu it thats the same reason with KSA that they cant do anything with Israel.

Sawadi

PAF Cheif also said that they can destroy US drones attacking Pakistani territory but actualy they are not willing to destroyu it thats the same reason with KSA that they cant do anything with Israel.
Sorry what has Saudi issues with Israel got to do with Pakistan?

At least the Saudi Arabia is rich and do not have to depend on US military aid like Pakistan. If your country is poor, then it cannot shoot at US drones (especially since US is giving Pakistan money).

In fact, why is the US giving Pakistan militray aid? I don't understand. Can you explain?