Russia wants to dismantle nuclear subs by 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilo

UK would be hard pressed to form something to test them.
1-2 Trafalgar's ought to give them something to think about. Although, ASW seem to be this groups strong point with have two dedicated ASW destroyers and a total of 19 Ka-27's. Also The RAF has 12 squadron, a dedicated maritime strike squadron, they have Tornado GR-1B's armed with the Sea Eagle missile.

Systems Adict

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
...Is there any news on the "CBG's" current position after the media display in the North Sea Oil fields earlier in the week, & did they transit West to Ireland, or right down the UK's East coast ??

Systems Adict

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Germany can still help out with a Tornado IDS squadron armed with Kormoran 2 missiles.

Though they're about to slash that too at some point soon...

F-15 Eagle

Does anyone know how much of the Russian Navy can be deployed at any given time? And how big is the Russian Navy, such as the number of ships, aircraft, and personnel?

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Does the RAF plan to equip the multirole Typhoons with anything specifically anti-ship (beyond cruise missiles such as Storm Shadow) ?
Afaik no anti-ship missiles have so far been integrated at all.

Penguin Mk3 integration was earmarked for a potential sale to Norway. Supposedly a Harpoon integration was/is planned (the official EF site mentions it), which would be a solution for the RAF (as it uses air-launched Harpoon on the Nimrod). I don't think the RAF is following that up really though. Tranche 2 maybe for integration, but i really doubt that.

hangover666

i recently hard that the kuznetsov docked at TUNISIA, can anyone confirm that ?

is there any picturs ?

couldn't find nutting.

thanks in advance =]

baranek

Some questions about russian navy

Hi :) I'm a new user so I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas for a start.

I've some questions.

Do you have any infomation what happened to admiral ushakov and lazarev kirov 's cruisers? At site warfare.ru I've read that the first vessel was scrapped but I'm not sure because at other side I've read that it wasn't.

Does russian navy have any kashin type destroyers in service ? On the same site it is written that there aren't any active ships, but for example in wikipedia it is written that one (smetlivy) serves until now.

And what about Kresta destroyers? Were they all decommissioned or any vessels serves up today's ?

kilo

Admiral lazarev and ushakov are both out of service.

Russia operates one "modified kashin".

Kresta's are all decommisioned.

Bearcat

Hi :) I'm a new user so I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas for a start.

I've some questions.

Do you have any infomation what happened to admiral ushakov and lazarev kirov 's cruisers? At site warfare.ru I've read that the first vessel was scrapped but I'm not sure because at other side I've read that it wasn't.

Does russian navy have any kashin type destroyers in service ? On the same site it is written that there aren't any active ships, but for example in wikipedia it is written that one (smetlivy) serves until now.

And what about Kresta destroyers? Were they all decommissioned or any vessels serves up today's ?
Two Kirovs are in service in the northern fleet. Pyotr Velikiy is operational now and the Admiral Nakhimov is undergoing a refit and is expected to be in service soon.

rickusn

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Im not sure how llong ago you visitrd the site warfare.ru but in the recently updated active ship list you will find this.:

http://warfare.ru/?catid=243&linkid=1720

DDG KASHIN MOD | DESTROYERS810 SMETLIVY #200/ Nikolaev 1969 BLS Laid: 15.07.66. 21.10.1969 entered BLS. 6-12.03.1973 visited Syria. 09.1973 visited Yugoslavia. 08.1974 visited Bulgaria. 1976-1977 refited. 06.1980 visited Tunisia. 1987-1997 overhaul and refit in Sevastopol, planned to tranfer to NOR. Modernized as mk01090: installed Uran missiles, new towed MNK-300 non-acoustic station. Damaged during sea trials. 1998 transferred to Caucasus coast as comms ship. 04.1999 deployed to Adriatic during Operation ALLIED FORCE, Feb-April 2003 took part in military exersises in Indian Ocean. 09.2003 visited Italy, Greece. 09.2004 visited Malta, visited Turkey, Greece, Taranto (Italy), took part in IONEX-2004 joint Russia-Italy exercises. 11.2004 took part in "Active Efforts" NATO exercises in Mediterrian, visited Tartus (Syria). 08.2006-12.2007: overhaul in Novorossyysk.

contedicavour

Im not sure how llong ago you visitrd the site warfare.ru but in the recently updated active ship list you will find this.:

http://warfare.ru/?catid=243&linkid=1720

DDG KASHIN MOD | DESTROYERS810 SMETLIVY #200/ Nikolaev 1969 BLS Laid: 15.07.66. 21.10.1969 entered BLS. 6-12.03.1973 visited Syria. 09.1973 visited Yugoslavia. 08.1974 visited Bulgaria. 1976-1977 refited. 06.1980 visited Tunisia. 1987-1997 overhaul and refit in Sevastopol, planned to tranfer to NOR. Modernized as mk01090: installed Uran missiles, new towed MNK-300 non-acoustic station. Damaged during sea trials. 1998 transferred to Caucasus coast as comms ship. 04.1999 deployed to Adriatic during Operation ALLIED FORCE, Feb-April 2003 took part in military exersises in Indian Ocean. 09.2003 visited Italy, Greece. 09.2004 visited Malta, visited Turkey, Greece, Taranto (Italy), took part in IONEX-2004 joint Russia-Italy exercises. 11.2004 took part in "Active Efforts" NATO exercises in Mediterrian, visited Tartus (Syria). 08.2006-12.2007: overhaul in Novorossyysk.
Yes when this old DDG visited our base it looked like a museum ship with its obsolete SAM launchers and radars. It looked reasonably preserved though. It is quite amazing to what extent the Black Sea Fleet has old or obsolete ships (except the Slava-Moskva CG), from Kashin to Kara to Krivak I/II ... if Russia is serious about restoring a permanent presence in the Med it should start by transferring some Sovremenny and a few SSK or SSN (IIRC there is only 1 Kilo left operational in the Black Sea Fleet)

cheers

contedicavour

Afaik no anti-ship missiles have so far been integrated at all.

Penguin Mk3 integration was earmarked for a potential sale to Norway. Supposedly a Harpoon integration was/is planned (the official EF site mentions it), which would be a solution for the RAF (as it uses air-launched Harpoon on the Nimrod). I don't think the RAF is following that up really though. Tranche 2 maybe for integration, but i really doubt that.
Hmm quite a shame... we buy 80 million euro fighters and we don't bother equipping them for anti-shipping... ie we just leave this to F35s (at least for Italy and the UK - though what will Germany do when the last Kormo2 are retired ?).

cheers

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
though what will Germany do when the last Kormo2 are retired ?
Tornados will go before the Kormoran. Usual bet is on UCAVs, or integrating RBS-15 or something on EF. Although we could always just go and buy some Harpoons for the Orions as a stopgap measure.

Chrom

Hmm quite a shame... we buy 80 million euro fighters and we don't bother equipping them for anti-shipping... ie we just leave this to F35s (at least for Italy and the UK - though what will Germany do when the last Kormo2 are retired ?).

cheers
Mainly becouse Norway dont have any threat which it can withstand alone, without NATO. And as a part of NATO, i suppose Norway needed only weapons and units what are integrated with NATO as a part. As such, ASM capability could be well provided by NATO assets - Norway could use own aircrafts for different role. For example, for air cover or air superiority.

In short, i dont see much problem for Norway in lacking ASM capability as long as Norway dont plan to fight on its own. Allthought NATO as whole lack a bit here - but this is completely different question and nothing Norway can do about.

chakos

Im of the opinion that the European defence forces would be over the moon about the Russian Med deployment. The only way their budgets are going to stop getting slashed year in year out is a viable external threat. No Russia, no threat. Islamic Extremism is a great excuse to pump money into SPECOPS, UAV's and mine resistant vehicles but if you need to invest in the big stuff like a proper fighter force, more than a couple of brigades worth of tanks or something as apparently silly as an anti-ship missile you need the big bad Russian threat to justify it all. :nutkick

Status
Not open for further replies.