Russia agree to arm Turkey with missile defence system

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperSquad

Hi everyone. I just read an article saying that Russia agree to arm Turkey with russian missile defense system (S-400).

I have a few questions in relation to this:

- What are the geopolitical implications for NATO and other european countries if Turkey is equipped with this system?
- Is it possible that NATO expel Turkey?
- Is the S-400 just a defence system or can it be used to attack?

Thanks for your help!

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi everyone. I just read an article saying that Russia agree to arm Turkey with russian missile defense system (S-400).

I have a few questions in relation to this:

- What are the geopolitical implications for NATO and other european countries if Turkey is equipped with this system?
- Is it possible that NATO expel Turkey?
- Is the S-400 just a defence system or can it be used to attack?

Thanks for your help!
This has been discussed on various threads with here. The system has had one test firing in Turkey so far. I am not sure if it has achieved IOC yet. The US has applied some sanctions on individuals in Turkey over this, but not many. It is possible for Turkey to be excluded from NATO and that may happen, then again it may not. The S-400 is a surface to air missile system so technically it is a defensive system.

SniperSquad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the explanation.

Before posting I searching the forum but didn't find anything with the keywords I used. Sorry.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the explanation.

Before posting I searching the forum but didn't find anything with the keywords I used. Sorry.
There's a thread on the first page of this very forum dedicated to Turkey, where discussion on this topic has taken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.