Rule 15

Depot Dog

Hi Everyone

Rule 15. You must have fun and let others do the same.

The rules are a condition of living on this forum. No argument

Then there is rule 15 have fun. My humour is sarcastic. Part of it cames from RAAF experiances. Like a corporal who would comment going to the toilet "giving birth to an officer". To some it is offensive to alot of us it was humour. That is a reflection of everyday life. I seem to offend NZ alot. I am not trying to or have intent. I am a regular vistitor and respect the culture and people. The context of the message is within the rules.

My question is specifically where in my message did I break rules other than being short sighted? If you took it from my angle of humour not a serious post I'm sure I didn't break any rules

Regards
DD

Redlands18

Hi Everyone

Then there is rule 15 have fun. My humour is sarcastic. Part of it cames from RAAF experiances. Like a corporal who would comment going to the toilet "giving birth to an officer". To some it is offensive to alot of us it was humour. That is a reflection of everyday life. I seem to offend NZ alot. I am not trying to or have intent. I am a regular vistitor and respect the culture and people. The context of the message is within the rules.

My question is specifically where in my message did I break rules other than being short sighted? If you took it from my angle of humour not a serious post I'm sure I didn't break any rules

Regards
DD
I preferred "keep calling Sir, we will find you" when someone farted.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I preferred "keep calling Sir, we will find you" when someone farted.
Mine is either "Fall in the officers" or "Fall out the senior rates / SNCOs" when a fart is heard.
Hi Everyone

Regards
DD
I reached the dizzying heights of Cpl by the grace of God and HM the Queen, in the RNZAF. It is a well known fact that without Cpls / Leading Rates, any military organisation would utterly fail. In the RNZN I was an Able Seaman and if I had stayed longer would have eventually made Leading Seaman. Probably would've been the only 4 badged Leading Rate in the RNZN. Was a 2 badged AB and not far off being a 3 badged AB. So an ancient old bugger :D

Redlands18

Mine is either "Fall in the officers" or "Fall out the senior rates / SNCOs" when a fart is heard.

I reached the dizzying heights of Cpl by the grace of God and HM the Queen, in the RNZAF. It is a well known fact that without Cpls / Leading Rates, any military organisation would utterly fail. In the RNZN I was an Able Seaman and if I had stayed longer would have eventually made Leading Seaman. Probably would've been the only 4 badged Leading Rate in the RNZN. Was a 2 badged AB and not far off being a 3 badged AB. So an ancient old bugger :D
Nothing wrong with Corporals, i spent 12 years myself as one in the ARA, and yes they and Naval/AF equiv are the backbone of any Military organisation. Another i liked was the old Saluting Officers in the field(no-no in the ARA) and saying Snipers around today Sir.

Depot Dog

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

There is nothing wrong with corporals. After 10 years and three mustering changes I reached that height.

Hope you don't mind but I ask questions instead of breaking rules. I treat this forum as the base boozer. Not the Thursday night Bundy raffle but Sunday when things were quieter. My language is 80-90's Australian. That means I call a spade a spade not a shovel if get my gist. I do it in a tempered manner and definately within the rules of this forum.

If you don't like what I'm saying you are welcome to tell me. Don't go off in a BS direction or read into my words something that is untrue. example the accusation I was disrespecting the NZ massacre victims. I found this to be hurtful. Never would I think that way or infer this.If you could draw this from my words or that form any of my posts, I am going to need a contract lawyer to read over them. To look for any inferance or words that may or may not be bad. Personally that would be to extreem and I would not do it.

I have seen some great things in New Zealand over the past 25 years. I respect the culture and lifestyle. In fact I have seen Christchurch before and after earthquake. My heart goes out to them. When I was there in March next to my hotel they were rebuilding the cathederal. That was one of the good things I wittnessed this year.

I believe the information on this forum should be truthful and professional. The qualitity of the information compelled me to join. This is the first and only social media I do. The airforce motto was "Work Hard, Play Hard". There are places where you have to be professional and places like boozers to unwind. That is how I have approached this forum. Rule 15 to me is the boozer.

Regards
DD

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
@Depot Dog WRT the Christchurch quakes not something I care to live through again. When I was at uni I did some first year geology papers. Seismology 101 Field Experimentation was not one of them and definitely not in the Geology Department's course schedule. WRT to the Cathedral they should have bulldozed the thing and started again. If they had we would of had a new build Cathedral by now and the square wouldn't look like a rubbish dump and building site. However two ex pollies who weren't Anglican, went to Court to stop the Anglican Diocese from pulling the Cathedral down and forcing them to having it rebuilt at great cost. Mongrels.

Yes the city is coming ahead albeit sometimes slowly compared to other places, but exceedingly fast for Christmas. Usually when something is either going to be changed or new being built, the Council takes ages to get to the public notification stage and only then if they are forced to notify it. Then for about the next four or five centuries every man and his dog, plus the neighbours dog, will argue over it before the council will proceed with the building consent. If it's a council project the council will publicly agree with the general consensus and then do the exact opposite. And that's on a good day.

People whinged over the cricket ground in Hagley Park and then they really whinged over the installation of lights for international day night games. Some even went to court over it. They lost and now we have a world class cricket ground that has a village green atmosphere in the city. We are finally getting a covered stadium to replace Lancaster Park which self destructed during the quakes. The stands were fine, but severe liquefaction completely munted the ground itself, so it wasn't feasible to remediate the ground because of the soils. The new stadium is to be built on far firmer ground closer towards the square. It will also be covered because of the winter weather here. I remember one Crusaders rugby game where it wasn't possible to see from one side of the field to the other. Think they were playing the Brumbies from Canberra that night. So about time.

Redlands18

@Depot Dog WRT the Christchurch quakes not something I care to live through again. When I was at uni I did some first year geology papers. Seismology 101 Field Experimentation was not one of them and definitely not in the Geology Department's course schedule. WRT to the Cathedral they should have bulldozed the thing and started again. If they had we would of had a new build Cathedral by now and the square wouldn't look like a rubbish dump and building site. However two ex pollies who weren't Anglican, went to Court to stop the Anglican Diocese from pulling the Cathedral down and forcing them to having it rebuilt at great cost. Mongrels.

Yes the city is coming ahead albeit sometimes slowly compared to other places, but exceedingly fast for Christmas. Usually when something is either going to be changed or new being built, the Council takes ages to get to the public notification stage and only then if they are forced to notify it. Then for about the next four or five centuries every man and his dog, plus the neighbours dog, will argue over it before the council will proceed with the building consent. If it's a council project the council will publicly agree with the general consensus and then do the exact opposite. And that's on a good day.

People whinged over the cricket ground in Hagley Park and then they really whinged over the installation of lights for international day night games. Some even went to court over it. They lost and now we have a world class cricket ground that has a village green atmosphere in the city. We are finally getting a covered stadium to replace Lancaster Park which self destructed during the quakes. The stands were fine, but severe liquefaction completely munted the ground itself, so it wasn't feasible to remediate the ground because of the soils. The new stadium is to be built on far firmer ground closer towards the square. It will also be covered because of the winter weather here. I remember one Crusaders rugby game where it wasn't possible to see from one side of the field to the other. Think they were playing the Brumbies from Canberra that night. So about time.
Watched a bit of Cricket from Hagley on the Telly, looks a great set up. Very pretty little ground.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Watched a bit of Cricket from Hagley on the Telly, looks a great set up. Very pretty little ground.
The Park itself has its own Act of Parliament so for example the hospital is allowed to be on it but the hospital cannot build carparking buildings on it. That's causing carparking problems for the hospital, especially after the quakes.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group

If NZ pollie evolution is like Canada’s, the scariest issue is these city pollies progress upwards to the federal level where they can fully utilize their fluster chuck skills.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
If NZ pollie evolution is like Canada’s, the scariest issue is these city pollies progress upwards to the federal level where they can fully utilize their fluster chuck skills.
The two ex pollies in question were former Cabinet Ministers from the opposite side of the house.

Depot Dog

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

I meant no disrespect. My job requires me todo alot of travel in Australia and sometimes NZ. The only trips I look forward to is Perth and Darwin for fishing. Christchurch for relaxing and soaking the quietness. As you the hospital is next to river and park. I never hire a car or taxis when I'm in Christchurch. I find the walk through the park magnificent every morning and evening. I don't know the politics of the Cathedral. Both my MD and I watch the workers from our respective hotel rooms. Both of us commented how wonderful it was. We both saw it as civic pride.

Regards
DD

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I meant no disrespect. My job requires me todo alot of travel in Australia and sometimes NZ. The only trips I look forward to is Perth and Darwin for fishing. Christchurch for relaxing and soaking the quietness. As you the hospital is next to river and park. I never hire a car or taxis when I'm in Christchurch. I find the walk through the park magnificent every morning and evening. I don't know the politics of the Cathedral. Both my MD and I watch the workers from our respective hotel rooms. Both of us commented how wonderful it was. We both saw it as civic pride.

Regards
DD
Didn't see any disrespect in your post. I was just replying with some background that's all. One time my daughter and I met up at a suburban cafe for coffee. This must have been July 2011. We both were leaving and she was already driving on a major road when her car started jumping around all over the road. At the same time I had just got into mine when it started to do the St Vitius dance. I looked out of the carpark to the road to see the power poles swaying. It was a 5.7 magnitude aftershock. An hour later a 5.8 magnitude aftershock hit and I was walking through to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. I had trouble standing up in it. Not fun and a bit hard on the nerves. The novelty had well and truly worn off by that stage.

We received a lot of help from people all over the world, with USAR (Urban Search and Rescue) teams from Australia, USA, Japan Mexico etc., to name but a few. Of course about 3 weeks after arriving here the Japanese team had their own tragedy to return home for. We also had Australian police here helping NZ Police in the city and for that we are forever grateful. Those Aussie cops were really appreciated by us locals and not forgotten.