Royal Navy Analysis

adsH

Dr Phobus said:
Hello,

However, I do see your perspective about RN not being directly involved in a china v USN clash. Strategically the UK/EU may well keep well away. But remember, to show and demonstrate global power and go to war does impact your international standing.

:fly

The Lure of Increased global power would decrease when you weigh the economic consequences with the Costs of war. I personally think incase of a war the hardest hit would be our Top Firms US/UK who are increasingly adapting The new trend of International Sourcing into there business operations. If there is a War (China VS TAIWAN/US) Expect a worldwide economic Collapse. These Sourcing methodologies are still not mature so we haven't had time to develop effective Logistical Strategies. Redundancy is still a faraway concept.
You'l have to choose, "International Sourceing" or "International standing"

:(

Cootamundra

adsH said:
You'l have to choose, "International Sourceing" or "International standing" :(
Or you could continue with "International Sourcing" only rather than sourcing staff from China you could encourage your firms to look to India. India actually offers a better level of education for high-tech Western firms to utilise. Alas, if your game is manufacturing and you utilise China you better hope like hell that war never breaks out between the PRC and Taiwan.

Dr Phobus

Cootamundra said:
Or you could continue with "International Sourcing" only rather than sourcing staff from China you could encourage your firms to look to India. India actually offers a better level of education for high-tech Western firms to utilise. Alas, if your game is manufacturing and you utilise China you better hope like hell that war never breaks out between the PRC and Taiwan.
I very much agree in time, I see manufacturing shifting away from china to India, Pakistan, east Europe. Indeed, its in the wests interest to do so, the Chinese economy is expanding mainly because the USA and western Europe have chosen china to be there manufacturing "base".

Of course the other side to this, if china finds themselves in a more competitive market and western industry willing to move some of there manufacturing away to somewhere else, then what ? will it destabilize the nation.

Cootamundra

Dr Phobus said:
Of course the other side to this, if china finds themselves in a more competitive market and western industry willing to move some of there manufacturing away to somewhere else, then what ? will it destabilize the nation.
It very well could, however I think that the transition from a purely industrial economy to more of a high-tec one will occur in a fairly rapid fashion for China. thats not to say that there won't be a range of growing pains to be endured. I for one, wonder how China would handle a crisis involving Iran, their economy is highly energy dependant and at the moment a solid share of their energy imports come from the middle east, not to mention the knock on effect to all oil prices if things go sour. China will exeprience a hefty resession at some stage...I wonder if it will be sooner rather than later.

P.S I hope Gary (gf) is seeing this as our semi economic, strategic discussion may fall outside of the bounds of DT's forum rules ;-0

Cheers, Coota