Responsible Netizens

dragonfire

This was a a private message that Road Runner sent to me. The reason i am making it public is because i was touched by his attitude. He didnt need to apologize for the deeds of his countrymen yet he did. This brings to the fore how as responsible netizens and global citizens we can overcome things like racism.

C-17 for India

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gday Dragonfire,

I thought i may put a smile on your face with this article that states INDIA is keen on purchasing 10 C-17 Transporters.

Good news,mate and i hope India dose follow this purchase.

http://www.defencetalk.com/india-air...7-order-23639/

On another note ,i would like to apoligise for my fellow countrymen who have abused INDIAN citizens in australia.

I am shocked to hear a Indian student was stabbed to death in melbourne.All i can say is that the people who have committed these crimes are criminals.

Please do not see Australia as a racist country,we are not.There are racists in Australia but i do not think Australia is racist

I as a law biding citizen would like to see these people who commited these crimes bought to justice.

Happy new year mate,from Australia

Regards
RoadRunner (he kept his real name here but it is not upto me to reveal it)
Road Runner - i must congratulate you on your open mindness and your fair attitude. The racist attacks happening now are the most unfortunate and despicable, the image of australia has taken a beating in India. My personal feeling is that misguided youth are behind these attacks and if someone has committed murder then the punishment meted out to that person should be enough to deter further attacks from happening. If a deliberate and premeditated unmotivated murder happens (oft the victims and the attackers have no prior knowledge of each other and the victims are victims of being in the wrong place at the wrong time) then the murderer should be punished to the full extent of the law.

That being said I apologize in making public a private message you sent me. However your message has impressed me and at least with me your country and countrymen are on the way to redemption.

Cheers
DragonFire

P.S - I request members not to post anything that results in locking down of this thread as it is a sensitive topic

the road runner

This was a a private message that Road Runner sent to me. The reason i am making it public is because i was touched by his attitude. He didnt need to apologize for the deeds of his countrymen yet he did. This brings to the fore how as responsible netizens and global citizens we can overcome things like racism.
Yes mate it was a private message but i do think ,the more a topic is discussed the more it is understood and issues can be resolved thru dialogue.

Runner - i must congratulate you on your open mindness and your fair attitude. The racist attacks happening now are the most unfortunate and despicable, the image of australia has taken a beating in India.
I think that racism may have played a part,but i think the cocktail of youth and alcahole do not mix.
If anyone has ever been to Melbourne,they will quickly realise that it is a very multi cultural city.
People from all over the world have come to Melbourne(and Australia) to call it home.

My personal feeling is that misguided youth are behind these attacks and if someone has committed murder then the punishment meted out to that person should be enough to deter further attacks from happening. If a deliberate and premeditated unmotivated murder happens (oft the victims and the attackers have no prior knowledge of each other and the victims are victims of being in the wrong place at the wrong time) then the murderer should be punished to the full extent of the law.
I think the Press,both Australian and Indian have Flamed the situation to sell papers.The press has alot to answer for.
Lets face it,if you commit a crime your a criminal.Its that simple.

being said I apologize in making public a private message you sent me. However your message has impressed me and at least with me your country and countrymen are on the way to redemption.
I would hope the actions of a minority(criminal) would not effect the majority.

How bout those C-17 for India:)

Regards.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brings back hope to me, that maybe the internet isn't just about /b/ and rule 34.