海军picture

plalion

up up up!

I support you,wangcong.
As a chinese ,we have responsibility to warn those countries which have ambition to invade us.

Boomer1961

plalion said:
I support you,wangcong.
As a chinese ,we have responsibility to warn those countries which have ambition to invade us.
I am not sure there is any nation would find it in their interest to invade China. Maybe some Muslim extremist might find the western provinces enticing or maybe India with intent of settling some score but even these folks would have to be seriously impaired to think that such an adventure is profitable.

Some one would have to think of something clever like the Brits did 200 years ago when they destroyed the Chinese social institutions from within by forcing opium upon their society so they would not have the will to resist western adventurism.

It seems that the Chinese military is gearing up for a war with the US while at the same time the US military is trying to avoid war with China at all costs knowing it is a no win situation. The international treaties though may force a confrontation as the Chinese practice expansionist policies as they try to find their destiny/place in the world as the other industrialized nations did earlier. It is a no win situation for the US as they try to form treaties with nations in the region to check Chinese expansion but also knowing that it will be one of these treaties that will force the situation as both nations thump their chests and refuse to back down.

I can not see any nation in the world, including the all powerful US, being a threat by traditional military means. If such a conflict broke out all us in the US would go barefoot and would not be able to play on Internet since these and many more consumer are almost exclusively being supplied by the Chinese economy.

None the less the PLA navy should be commended for building up a formidable navy in such a short period of time.

contedicavour

plalion said:
I support you,wangcong.
The only invasion Japan is doing in China is tens of billions of dollars of direct investment every year in the Chinese economy, building anything from toys to plasma and LCD screens to portable telephone handsets and cars.
Japan's interest is primarily economical, I don't see why they would wreck their investments by angering the Chinese government.
Beyond your military power, your biggest strength is that you are or shortly will be the world's most important customer ! Leverage your economic power and you'll see it's more than enough.

On another subject, what do you think will be done with the Varyag carrier ? Will PLAN refit it as an operational carrier ?

cheers

jenningsc

The pictures of the submarines are amazing.

The submarine is such an awsome piece of hardware, does anyone know the exact specifications of the submarines in the picture?

RubiconNZ

The Wanderer
jenningsc said:
The pictures of the submarines are amazing.

The submarine is such an awsome piece of hardware, does anyone know the exact specifications of the submarines in the picture?
It's a Song class boat,
SPECIFICATIONS

Displacement (Surface): 1,992t
Displacement (Submerged): 2,250t
Length: 74.9m
Beam: 8.4m
Draft: 5.3m
Speed: (Surfaced) 15 knots, (Dived) 22 knots
Diving Depth: 300m
Endurance: N/A
Crew: 50~60 (10 officier)
(sinodefence.com) old source though so...