Peru's future acquisitions plan- ground pound deluxe

ROCK45

More information

I found this article and it seems to give a great detail of radar information on the Mig-29 in general and what Peru might be buying. I checked MIG's web site in the news section there and didn't see anything on this repair/service, or upgrade news. Is this a proposal or has contracts been signed? I hope for Peru there signed contracts and work starts soon.

Link to the article I found
Russia to modernize MIG-29 fighters possessed by Peru
http://armoreddefense.com/home/russia-to-modernize-mig-29-fighters-possessed-by-peru/2008/08/16/

Chuncho

I found this article and it seems to give a great detail of radar information on the Mig-29 in general and what Peru might be buying. I checked MIG's web site in the news section there and didn't see anything on this repair/service, or upgrade news. Is this a proposal or has contracts been signed? I hope for Peru there signed contracts and work starts soon.

Link to the article I found
Russia to modernize MIG-29 fighters possessed by Peru
http://armoreddefense.com/home/russia-to-modernize-mig-29-fighters-possessed-by-peru/2008/08/16/
100% confirmed that the contract has been signed. I'm estimating that the first plane will be roll out in 14 - 18 months from now.

ROCK45

100% confirmed

Thanks Chuncho that's great news hope they get the best radar and engines available. I guess the 14 to 18 months is because India's Fulcrums are being worked on hope MIG turns it around. India's K model Fulcrums were suppose to be delivered in June 08.

Sure would be great if Peru could pick up some already produced SMT Fulcrums if you know what I mean. Should be some ex-Algerian models available right?

Do you think one day that Peru might split this squadron and deploy some fighter near Chile or in southern Peru? I thought I read some place that a lot of Ecuador's aircraft are grounded or in storage so deploying more assets near Chile seems to make more sense.

Chuncho

I imaging that the FAP will move their new MiG-29SMP to La Joya AB (Southern Peru) once they are fully IOC & QRA capable; now, I don't know if they will keep the MiGs along with the M2000P/DPs in the same base.

The perfect idea will be to have 3 MiGs squadrons (2 in the south and 1 in the north); 2 squadrons of M2ks in the south and 3 squadrons of Su-25 (2 South and 1 north) of course all decently modernized, but unfortunately money talks and right now we don't have that :(.

There is good recent report of the Ecuadorian Air Force made by Combat Aircraft magazine, as far as I know they are upgrading all of the Kfir C2 to C10 standard, they are doing it slow due to lack of funding but they are doing it, recently they just announced officially that they will buy 20 - 24 EMB Super Tucanos.

Yes! it will be awesome to see another squadron made from those SMT rejected by Algeria, but going to reality I doubt it will happen, again as I mentioned before: due to lack of funds.

Cheers.