Pakistan needs to advance in making fighters

P.A.F

if not turkey then i can't see an advance third party to finish of the group. :( . maybe it should just be left to china and pakistan.

Londo Molari

Turkey isn't an "Advanced third party". They have put together kits of F-16s, yes, but they have no expertise in making aircraft at all. They do however have the cash. But why would they get in on this, when they have access to modern jets.

China ALONE has the resources, and it is doing it. It does not need Pakistan or Iran. We can request China for whatever China makes, and chances are we'll get it. So really, there is no need to attempt to design and manufacture our own modern fighters, and waste precious $$ on something uncertain.

Given our current financial and technical situation, and our relationship with China, the best course of action is to develop our fighter MAINTENANCE and SUBSYSTEM industries, so we can maintain our fighters, and modify/tweak them as we see fit. Which is also exactly what we ARE doing today. We have fighter rebuild factories, we have our own weapons/avionics research labs, etc... with the JF-17, we'll be even more self-reliant on maintaining our fighters.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
P.A.F said:
i think pakistan China and Turkey should do a joint venture.
What kind of joint venture do you have in mind exactly? Aircrafts? MBTs? Naval systems? In all three fields China is far ahead of Pakistan and Turkey. Just what can they contribute to a joint venture except money? And Chinese has plenty of cash considering their economy is bigger than the two nations combined.

And general Chinese public and government ain't exactly thrilled with Turkey due to the fact that Turkish government allows East Turkestan movement to operation in their country. For those of you who doesn't know what East Turkestan movement is, see the link below

http://www.uygur.org/

I'm not implying that future cooperations between China and Turkey isn't possible, but simply not at this stage.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Ok than no joint ventures. Pakistan does it alon with Chinese assistance. No matter where they get design from it should be Pakistan's. They should give it to some big internation aironotical company n get the copy rights. China can help in building. Intire finance should be of Pakistan.
Probably get dessault to make the design, other European countries for equipments.

ashoaib

Turkish defence minister had said few weeks ago that Pakistan and Turky should cooperate with each other in defence equipment and research.

Mehfooz

I think If Pakistan is to make an advance fighter plane ,it can not do it on its own.But Pakistan can,I mean there's a chance that it can be done by joint venture .Pakistan neither have the tech and facilities needed to make a fighter plane nor does it have the finance to launch such a project.But on the other hand these two aspects can be achieved by going on a joint venture involving saudia and china.There has to be a major role of these two countries in this joint venture such as the saudis can provide finance not all but enough to take off burden and the role of china will be to provide techs and facilities and Pakistan shuold get in by a little bit of experience that they have..not much but enough and pakistan can also invest some finance also

But the reality is such a thing is not possible withoud hardwork and full devotion to the job and either is not because it is just a dream yet .It'll take a lot of time and not be done overnoght.

So my conclusion is that such a venture is possibe but with pakistan it's not even possible because of the fact that pakistan needs to fulfill PAF's reqiurement by getting advance fighters and Pakistan does not have enough finance to get the best considering this a side project would be a big loss .The fact is Pakistan is a poor state begging for advance fighter and to think of self reliance in making fighter plane its like asking for the world to turn side.

ashoaib

Mehfooz you have combined the posts of diffrent guys in your post. All these comments are already posted nothing new in it.
Pakistan is already trying to make anything which it can with the and without the help of others, specially China. In the future we will see the production line of J-10 in Pakistan along with JF-17. May be after 2015 or later.

Mehfooz

ashoaib ANd so did u that same old story, old topic jf-17..now forget it ,it'll be in paf without doubt lookahead and as far as my reply ...that's my thoughts.never mind

P.A.F

according to my understanding pakistan doen't need any joint ventures in the field of tanks of anything to do with army (although a multirole helicoptor wouldn't be a bad idea). in the navy they have made those missile boats and subs so thay know pretty much about naval stuff. they need to concentrate on fighter jets as not many countries seem intrested in giving us. however we can not do it alown. China is a MUST for help and maybe saudi for the funds.

lalith prasad

Banned Member
making a missile boat or submarine is completely different from making a capital warship.the submarine i think is of french design. however i would like to know what is the maximum shipbuilding capacity of pakistan's shipyards 9that is the maximum size of ships that they can make (naval or civil) does any one have ant information on this. can they make bulk carriers .(just asking). :?: :?: :?:

ashoaib

Mehfooz said:
ashoaib ANd so did u that same old story, old topic jf-17..now forget it ,it'll be in paf without doubt lookahead and as far as my reply ...that's my thoughts.never mind
The same old story of JF-17 is one of the most hot topic here. You can check the replies in JF-17 thread.

ashoaib

P.A.F said:
according to my understanding pakistan doen't need any joint ventures in the field of tanks of anything to do with army (although a multirole helicoptor wouldn't be a bad idea).
Yeah a Multirole helicoptor is a good idea and must have

Mehfooz

Pllzz ppl this not a thread abt submarines and helicopters ..if u ppl want to talk abt submarines go to navy sectiondon't post irrelavent replies in this thread

Admin, lets leave the Admin decisions up to the Mods and Webbie... :roll

muslim282

It will be a slow process but l think Pakistan is heading in the right direction in terms of making their own equipment albeit that it may have been designed by others.
l do believe a statement made by Ashoaib is fairly true ie: that eventually the ENTIRE JF17 will be manufactured in Pakistan simply due to the fact that this plane is more tailored to pakistans needs than china,s. Licensed manufacture of the J10 is also a very strong possibility.
Pakistan is already evaluating its current manufacturing resources, upgrading, aswell as building newer facilities to be able to accomodate these future plans and prepare future technicians and personnel.
Having spoken to friends that were involved in the ideas2004 and also in projects around pakistan, the future looks good.
The only downside being the numerous embargoes and hurdles placed before us by a few nations, otherwise we would be really pushing things alot faster.
Step forward Ukraine, China, South-Africa and Italy who are all involved in serious projects in pakistan regarding the development of making fighters or associated equipment and weapons.
We may not be producing F22,s and the JSF but we are heading in the right direction, embargoes or no embargoes.

cheenamalai

Banned Member
marko44<If Indonesia is attacked by some non-muslim country, Pakistan got your back! ;)

:pak

Mod: You need to stay on topic! Look at the topic title, read the forum rules and then pause before you respond. :smokingc: