Nuke strength

ainanup23

My total and full support to this thread and i think if there is a way then lets do it before its too late. BUT, in reality i think the Nuclear door" has closed and the technology thats out there amongst contries that support terror is a no brainer. We now have countries like Pakistan, North Korea, Iran, India, who now share this technology and if a country like Pakistan was able to hand on the technology to Iran like it did then i really dont think this region is safe. I have shared already what Chenobyl can do and now with the advent of a incident like this elsewhere, i am very doubtful for a resolution. In fact even if these countries decided to cancel their nuclear programs with the nuclear material thats still out there, it wouldnt make a difference. Someone would want to buy the technology, like a terror grp and once one bomb is used thats it. We have seen already the willingness of rouge states in the former Soviet Union who had this technology and now selling it across borders.

Nuclear weapons can turn the tide of battle but not one of war.

The whole arguement is getting blurred. While we have some supporters for Uncle Sam then we also have comrades for the Russian. Humans have only reproduced the energy of the nature to suit our goals whether it be for weapons or for generating electricity. The point is if there is an elite club of nations who would like to have the power of threthning other then let there be nations like Pakistan, Libya North Korea or even Sri Lanka to possess nukes, only then the question of disarmament succeeds. Otherwise all treaties like NPT, CTBT etc are only meant to control the the nukes. Let all the nations have the nukes, only then they will shoulder the responsibility of restricting them from falling into the unworthy hands. As for nature man will never be able to tame mother nature, only we can play and tamper with it.

ainanup23

Thanks for your info highsea. You are very resourceful. I believe you, but where did you get these statisctics ? Can you please tell me ? Are these 45-60kt devices of India Thermonuclear ? I think so, but can you confirm?

Thanks again.
Indian atom masters is said to have a boosted fission device , a thermonuclear device and some mini-nukes (sub-kiloton) devices. The yield of the thermonuclear device was 60KT, the boosted one was of 25KT and the sub kilotons were of .3kt and .5kt.

But the irony is that the helium and tritium for the thermonuclear device was not manufactured using the cyclotron process, but was via totally a different chemical exchange process which is very inexpensive.

ainanup23

russians were very advance in space and naval tech compared to the Americans. and in some cases air force too. Tzar Bomba was the biggest detonated bomd had a yield of 50 MT and almost no fallout.

the biggest russian sub is twice the weight of the biggest Amesrican sub
Without doubt the Russians are ahead in many fields particularly in space, they always had the edge, they sent the first man in space, had the Mir station in space when the US was just planning the space station. But then they also had the men to step on the Moon.In compition as the two superpowers were , what counts is the result and not the means of achieving the result. Both have their winning time and time of desperation.

indian bull

Banned Member
Indian atom masters is said to have a boosted fission device , a thermonuclear device and some mini-nukes (sub-kiloton) devices. The yield of the thermonuclear device was 60KT, the boosted one was of 25KT and the sub kilotons were of .3kt and .5kt.

But the irony is that the helium and tritium for the thermonuclear device was not manufactured using the cyclotron process, but was via totally a different chemical exchange process which is very inexpensive.
to correct, the yeild of indian thermonuclear device was said to be 43 kt by indian experts, but according to western experts it was not even half of that. The yeild of boosted fission device was 0.3 kt coz it was detonated without tritium gas core.

Aliph Ahmed

Banned Member
to correct, the yeild of indian thermonuclear device was said to be 43 kt by indian experts, but according to western experts it was not even half of that. The yeild of boosted fission device was 0.3 kt coz it was detonated without tritium gas core.
Indians will need more then that (further live tests) to certify the so called boosted fission device they detonated " WITHOUT " the tritium core. (This was a total surprise to me).