Ngatimozart's Vid Thread.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
US Forest Service AH-1 Huey Cobra used for fire fighting.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
A USAAC film on strange aircraft. It's pre WW2. Some interesting concepts there and I wonder how much white lightning was consumed in the process.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
A USAAC film on strange aircraft. It's pre WW2. Some interesting concepts there and I wonder how much white lightning was consumed in the process.

Better white lightning than tax payer dollars! Have to admire these guys, likely using their money and perhaps friends to realize their dream machines. Today, I guess you have to be as rich as Bezos, Musk, or Branson to realize your flight dreams.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Better white lightning than tax payer dollars! Have to admire these guys, likely using their money and perhaps friends to realize their dream machines. Today, I guess you have to be as rich as Bezos, Musk, or Branson to realize your flight dreams.
By the look of some of those machines you'd have to imbide of a couple of jugs of white lightning before you flew them.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
A UK Forces News video on Sir Peter Jackson's WW1 aircraft collection and his WW1 memorabilia collection. He owns The Vintage Aviator Ltd and he's got the largest collection of flying WW1 aircraft in the world.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Awesome Video Ng, we need a 100% like button on here.
Yep it is. I am not a fan of the Spitfire, but two of my favourites were present, the F-4U Corsair and the B-25 Mitchell. The Corsair was a beast and the RNZAF put them to good use in WW2. They went from the P-40 Kittyhawks to the Corsairs and had the war continued were moving from the Corsairs to the P-51D Mustang because all of the Corsair production was being specifically dedicated to the USMC for OP DOWNFALL. I quite like the B-25 and we requested them, but I would've preferred the A-20 Havoc / Boston. IMHO it as a better aircraft because it could carry better bombload and more manoeuvrable. We actually request B-24s as well and got neither the B24s or B-25s because when they drew up the areas of responsibility in Washington, they put us in the USN area and we had to go with their procurement. They hated the Army and the Army hated them, so it was a no go. If we'd come under McArthur we would've got B-24s and A-20s / B-25s etc. We did have the SBD-5 Dauntless and did well with that.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Some Mach Loop.

Czech fling wings arrival at RIAT 2022

RAF A400M & C-130J beach landings / takeoffs

One of Ed Nash's ugly aircraft videos.

A video on Gen Eisenhower's secret combat mission after D Day. What is of interest is the footage of a field modified TP-51 Mustang which looks like it was originally a P-51C.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Another ugly aircraft, this time from an Aussie guy by the name of Rex. He loves ugly aircraft.

Ed Nash on the IL2 / IL1 armoured fighters

RNZAF B757 display before they were told to calm down by the British. This one is at Ohakea.

RIAT 2022 Arrivals Wednesday 13/7/22

Best of RIAT 2022 Arrivals Thursday14/7/22

Last edited:

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
RIAT 2022 Friday arrivals.

Friday Night Show Special.

ROKAF Black Eagles at RIAT 2022

Interesting take offs and landings from Headcorn 2022

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Rod Lewis's Douglas A-20 Havoc.

Lancaster, Mosquito and Spitfire at EAA Oshkosh 2015

FW190, Me109 with DB601 engine, Spitfire and P-51D Mustang at 2019 German fly in.

11 F-4U/G Corsairs at the 2019 Thunder over Michigan.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Video from the Scotsman stand at the Dunsford Airshow.

AC-130J Ghost unloading on targets.

SAAB J-35 Draken with impressive afterburner action.

Me262 Schwalbe flying in Austria.

At lakes

The English in particular Blackburn had some very ugly useless aircraft in the mid to late 30's for example the Blackburn Blackburn, but the Italians take the cake with the most in my opinion the ugliest and weirdest aircraft that ever flew. But unlike some of the Blackburn Aircraft this one flew and flew very well.
some of the principles of its design are still in use today. The interior of the fuselage was shaped to create a venturi effect forcing the airflow out the the back offering an increase in performance.

Last edited: