New SPGs for the Pakistani Army??

ocay

Turkey may want to sell Fırtına 155 mm Howitzher to Pakistan, the howitzer is fairly good, and it is competetive (in terms of technology, and gun performance) with other western self-propelled howitzer.

Hussain

Caeser sounds good. must be bloody expensive though. Then again maintaining some the old scrap Pakistani tanks is a waste of time and space. I think Pakistan has too many tanks . Won't arounbd two thousand be more than enough? I thought pakistan was merely upgrading its American hardware?

aaaditya

Hussain said:
Caeser sounds good. must be bloody expensive though. Then again maintaining some the old scrap Pakistani tanks is a waste of time and space. I think Pakistan has too many tanks . Won't arounbd two thousand be more than enough? I thought pakistan was merely upgrading its American hardware?
pakistan can acquire the caesar and mount them on the older battle tanks.:coffee

aaaditya

hey guys couldnt find the pakistani army news thread to post this news.
it seems that pakistani army is planning to buy the german unmanned aerial vehicle called luna for 27million us dollars(this came in todays indian express paper).

has anyone got any info or pics on this uav,can someone tell how many uav's does the pakistani army operate.:coffee

aaaditya

well guys here is the info on luna.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/luna/

it can carry a synthetic aperture radar called as the misar.

the uav has a range of 80kms,speed(max) of 150kms,reconnaisance speed of 70kms,can carry a 4kg payload,and has a max altitude of 3500metres(11550 feet) the entire system can be transported in a single c130 aircraft.:coffee

aaaditya

why not ,besides it is more or less confirmed news . pakistan intends tospend 27million dollars to purchase it.:coffee

ger_mark

why?

because from the german goverments view pakistan is more or less a terrorist regime
and i didnt find anything about that on german sites...

and after goverment change in two weeks it will be even more unlikely

Hussain

You must be a lunatic to buy the Luna. Maybe the German's should sell them to the Turks who regard them as terrorists?

Pakistan need planes and not useless third rate equipment. The Orions for that matter are a waste time in the event of war. Look what happend to the Atlantique in peace time. Propellors, no self defence weapons your as dead as a dodo.

Hussain

Wouldn't Pakistan be better off with wheeled rather than tracked Self Propelled Artillery? For Kashmir and Punjab where it is wet or hilly in places tracked vehicles are a waste of time due to lack of ground clearance.

aaaditya

Hussain said:
Wouldn't Pakistan be better off with wheeled rather than tracked Self Propelled Artillery? For Kashmir and Punjab where it is wet or hilly in places tracked vehicles are a waste of time due to lack of ground clearance.
luna is not useless it has been used in successfully in kosovo,as far as artillery is concerned the advantge of self propelled artillery is its mobility which in turn increases its survivability such artillery guns would be particularly important for pakistan in punjab and kashmir where these artillery guns would be face to face with the indian artillery guns and well within the ranges of indian combat aircrafts.field artillery would be most effective at higher altitudes like siachen and kargil where the terrain is so hostile that a self propelled artillery cannot achieve much mobility.aslef propelled artillery guns can be used in almost all the areas that a battle tank can be used.:coffee