New rifle for Turkish Forces?

greywolf109

Time to be enlightned folks!!

Here is the one page you need to look at to gain all knowlegde on the Mehmetcik-1....
''http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet%C3%A7ik_1''

Stimpy75

Here is the one page you need to look at to gain all knowlegde on the Mehmetcik-1....
''http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet%C3%A7ik_1''
sry to tell you that:( ,but i would take wiki as the last source,as anyone can edit and write what ever he wants:rolleyes: ,and when you look at the picture upper left,then you will see,that this is actually a HK-417 with an attached grenadelauncher(size of magazine!)

greywolf109

sry to tell you that:( ,but i would take wiki as the last source,as anyone can edit and write what ever he wants:rolleyes: ,and when you look at the picture upper left,then you will see,that this is actually a HK-417 with an attached grenadelauncher(size of magazine!)
Are you serious!!! i withdraw my statement lol yeah i noticed that but i thought it to be a simple mistake lmao...cheers for the tip, il keep looking for info

Izzy1

Banned Member
Are you serious!!! i withdraw my statement lol yeah i noticed that but i thought it to be a simple mistake lmao...cheers for the tip, il keep looking for info
And he's taking Wiki - fuking useless Infantry pedia. Let that be a source to all European Infantry. G-36, FA-MAS...

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
And before you go onto a rant tour again you should maybe know that the names of the rifles are G36 and FAMAS... :rolleyes:

eaf-f16

Mod

If you have any complaints to make about a moderator, please do so to the Webmaster, rather than within threads.

Now can we start discussing the Turkish assault rifle?

Or is that asking too much?

AD

Last edited by a moderator:

jedigman

I've stumbled upon a picture of great interest to All !

The picture show turkish gunsmiths testing the Mehmetcik-1(2?) rifle in 7.62 NATO.
There's also another thing which the piture reveals, on the right of the table their seems to be an desert camo G-36, can you please confirm me if this is correct. If so this means HK and MKE are very close indeed.

Found on turkish military forum.

Cutaway

Here is a picture of it. MKE is the manufacturer and i think it is obvious where the inpiration came from :D
Is that all, Just a HK33 with a G36 stock?

Would it be possible to bullpup convert it in any way?, At least it would be a bit more different.

greywolf109

7.62mm mehmetcik-1/hk33-g36

ok i have done the best research i could and basically here are my answers..
7,62mm Mehmetcik-1(M-1) = Everybody knows how well the g3 is suited for long range combat, or should i say, how well the 7.62 mm round is suited for long ranged combat. Turkish Mountain Commando's engage in long range combat almost ever week, you guys do realise the guy in the background of the pic(also firing the 7.62mm M-1) is wearing a blue beret, which conveniently is the beret of turkish mountain commando's, so my guess is, the mountain commandos will be issued the 7.62mm, makes sense doesnt it...

HK33/G36 cross = Everybody seems to be forgetting that turkey are completely re-equipping the ground troops, this also means new GPMG's new squad automatic weapon's, new sniper rifles . Now anyone in this forum who has knowledge on HK should agree with me thathat gun in the background looks more like an MG36 than a g36-hk33 cross breed lol, it makes sense since they wanted to replace the mg3 and pk series GPMG's . the JNG-90 will obviously replace the dragunov...since we already saw the assault rifle and sniper rifle being adopted, its obvious machine guns are also being tested !!
Especially since 2 of the 8 soldiers who were captured wer using mg3's but they overheated too quickly in an intence firefight and resulted in the 2 soldiers being captured , and no more fire support for the riflemen

Stimpy75

i believe the GPMG in the background looks more like a MG-4,and the guy with the berret looks like he´s testing the TUFAN 7,62 mm sniper rifle
plz corret me if i´m wrong.
I believe that the Tufan is the rifle,which will replace the Dragunov,as it is also semiautomatic,so imo the Tufan will be assigned as somekind of marksman rifle and the JNG-90 to the Sniper teams,i.e. to replace the Acurracy International rifle.
these are my two cents

greywolf109

good research

i believe the GPMG in the background looks more like a MG-4,and the guy with the berret looks like he´s testing the TUFAN 7,62 mm sniper rifle
plz corret me if i´m wrong.
I believe that the Tufan is the rifle,which will replace the Dragunov,as it is also semiautomatic,so imo the Tufan will be assigned as somekind of marksman rifle and the JNG-90 to the Sniper teams,i.e. to replace the Acurracy International rifle.
these are my two cents
looked up the mg4, definately agree with you that it is an mg4 .
but that is definately not a tufan in the background, the clip is too long, the barrel is exposed way too close to the clip and the gun seems too short, TUFAN is a look-alike of the psg-1 and the clip only holds 5 rounds, the clip in the picture obviously holds around 20 rounds, compare the backround rifle and the one the guy is holding, they are exactly the same...TUFAN is used by the law enforcement agencies and is for the export market...heard rumoours that M-1 5.56 will be standard for all troops ,marines, and commandos but the M-1 7.62 will be designated marksman rifle . yeah it seems the military wasnt pleased with the accuracy international l96 eh?

greywolf109

damn background gun lol

ive been messing with my screen settings and now it looks like something completely different, not an M-1 or TUFAN...time to get to the bottom of this???
Stimpy, please let me know if you find out any info...good luck:D

jedigman

Its an M-1 with a 7.62mm Magazine as seen on the HK-417. The weapon on the desk is a MG-36.

Take another look, I've enlarged the photo.

Stimpy75

jep,in both cases you were right:rolleyes: :D
but what purpose will a MG-36 have,other then to supplement the MG-3/PKM,but not to replace them,because of the not so powerful 5,56mm ammo and it can´t sustain the fire of the GPMG:confused:
and there are more questions in regard to MKE/H&K relationship,I mean MKE tells the whole time of an indigenious system without paying licence and then we see hints to the exact opposite of this:confused:
now i´m totally confused :unknown

greywolf109

MG36...nope

no stimpy was right it is an MG4 with the g36 carrier handle/scope attached to it, go to the official hk site..Heckler & Koch International and look up the mg4(with carrier handle/scope), you will so it is the same weapon as on the table, the mg36 is a g36 with a longer and heavier barrel and is a box fed system, everything else is the same as a g36, look at how bulky the weapon is on the table, it looks much more like an MG4 than the slim MG36...so i was right the 1st time about the background weapon, i wont mess with colors again lol.

as for you being confused stimpy, i share it with you:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

greywolf109

mg36

look at the stock,, mg36 stock is the same as the g36 folding stock, however mg4 uses a stock similar to the FN MINIME(M249 SAW), as we can see in the picture