New Member Thread Creation Limiter

RubiconNZ

The Wanderer
It is possible or desirable to put a minimum post limiter on new members creating news threads.

I and from what I can gather from other regular members get frustrated when new members create a dozen concurrent threads, asking simple questions that good easily be answered on google or reading previously existing threads, just as there is a requirement for 15 posts for posting links and 50 posts for the PM function could there be a 15 or 25 posts minimum for creating a new thread.

In my opinion this would certainly make the site more user friendly, and as a bonus should cut some MOD workload, stopping them from having to cull endless new threads,

Just my 2 bits,
Rob

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the suggestion. This is very possible, we will try it out after the upgrade in few days.

Regards

nevidimka

This may be unrelated, but I've been having problem accessing this site for some days already. Is it due to an upgrade like u mentioned?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
No, the downtime was unexpected. We had some issues with the server and ended up changing and upgrading the server... which was not part of the plan originally. :)

lobbie111

Is there some way that you can limit the amount of threads new members create? Because I am seeing about 30 threads pop up every month asking the same questions by new members. Also is there a place where you can post a message on the top of every page that says "Please Search Before Making A New Thread"

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hi Lobbie,

Yes, we can do that... and working on it actually. But still you will have some who will post threads, which is okay every once in a while I suppose.

Thanks

lobbie111

Hi Lobbie,

Yes, we can do that... and working on it actually. But still you will have some who will post threads, which is okay every once in a while I suppose.

Thanks
Thanks webbie, I'm liking the new software except it takes a little longer to load pages but that just might be because I am running an antique.