New LCA Tejas pics..cockpit,radar.avionics...

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
pezfez said:
retarted bombs? omg! that's too funny

ne ways, i thought they're called dumb bombs?
A retarded bomb is one that is flight retarded. They have been around for quite a while. It refers to the free fall deployment process

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Nice to see LCA is near operational service. However I still think the size limits the future upgrade protential to almost nothing.

umair

Peace Enforcer
pezfez said:
retarted bombs? omg! that's too funny

ne ways, i thought they're called dumb bombs?
Retard PAF means, they are retarted in flight, ie "High Drag" flight characteristics.
There are two ways of retarding bombs,1) flip out fins[as in the mk82 Snake eye] and2) a parachute in the tail[ Durandal Blu107, and the R series of high drag bombs.
The reason for doing this is that, high drag bombs allow a pilot to deliver more safely low level bomb attacks.The High Drag characteristics, as opposed to low drag bombs, lower the velocity of the bombs(ie slow them down) allowing the pilots to get away before bombs impact on the target, thereby reducing the risk of damage to the aircraft from bomb fragmentation.

P.A.F

nice pictures. thanx for those. i think that the LCA will be used in the navy which is why it might be so small. :? . nice plane though ;)

dabrownguy

LCA reminds me of a pigion. But any way it looks like it does the same things as a Gripen. Just look at the internal gun...and a extra harpoint for a pod. It should have a more powerfull engine though.

RealIndian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Various Avionic subsystems of the LCA on display including the Environment control and fuel management system, the open architecture mission computer and the Cockpit interface unit.

RealIndian

The IFF Mk.XI Airborne Interrogator. It consists of an interrogator and a transponder. The coded replies from the interrogated target are received, processed and sent to the radar data processor on the MIL-STD-1553B bus.

RealIndian

The LCA's Multi-Mode radar jointly developed by the Centre for Airborne Systems (CABS), ADA and HAL is a coherent pulse doppler system featuring high/low/medium pulse repetition frequencies, frequency agility and ground mapping using doppler-beam sharpening. The complete fire control system will be integrated into the second production variant (PV-2) of the LCA. The compact, mechanically scanned slotted waveguide arrays in X and Ku bands, have been developed by the Electronics and radar development establishment (LRDE) labs of DRDO and have already been exported to Poland. The signal processor, also designed by LRDE, is built around VLSIs, ASICs and i960 processors catering for the functional needs of the different modes of operation.

RealIndian

Research Centre Imarat (RCI)'s Ring laser Gyro with a square laser cavity of cavity length 28 cms. This system is intended for use aboard the LCA and missiles with longer flight time.

RealIndian

The complete "Tarang" RWR system package including the power supply, processors,antennae and LCD display. The Tarang, developed by Defence Avionics Research Establishment(DARE), is a solid state, software intensive system operating in the 2-18 Ghz range. It intercepts and identifies all transmissions and has a MIL-STD-1553B comm. interface.

The complete EW system also captures and records new and unknown threat emission data for subsequent analysis and exploitation.