New helis?

Black Mamba

yesterday, i was in my office when i saw these three UH-is flying very very low
they passed right above my office building
and they lopoked amazingly cool in dark black/olive green with the paki flag on the tail
is this some new equipment coz i don't recall r aviation having a lot of UH-1s

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
I think Pakistan army already operates UH-1Hs Hueys...and also got new ones to police its border with Afghanistan. must be those ones. Black Mamba did you take pictures???

And look here and confirm that they were UH-1s:
LINK

Winter

Pakistani Army Aviation Inventory. It lists 10 UH-1 Iroquois (Hueys).

Winter, we do not allow linking of that particular site on this forum. PDefence censores defencetalk.com. Also, PDefence is not a credible source of information as it is not an official website of Pakistan armed forces-nor does it have any credible source listed as supplier of published info on that site.

Thanks. :)

Winter

I came here again intending to edit my post with a note of possible unreliability though I had no idea of this 'censorship' situation. You should probably just delete this post and my previous one anyway as they are both redundant.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Yeah the website PDefence censors defencetalk.com for some unexplained reasons. :? :?
Anyways I don't understand what the Pakistani helicopters were doing inside Afghanistan. Or was Black Mamba back in Pakistan??

Black Mamba

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well, my office is in blue area, islamabad and yes i was back in pakistan when i saw them ....like duh... ;) ...hehehe....but they looked pretty good
and yes they were uh-1s....i know a uh-1 when i c one...dude, give me SOME credit.... ;) ....
neway, i had never seen r uh-1s painted in this colour b4 and with these markings...the shade was more like r cobras...i always though that r uh-1s were painted gull gray
these were just..well...different!
but very very cool....especially coz they were flying very low

The Watcher

There are surplus helis that US is considering to transfer them to pakistan to hunt down taliban and alqaeda elements. Those helis include COBRAs(40 pak requested) and some hueys. That may take 2 years to materialize in one report so pakistan will be buying some other helis!!!

Black Mamba

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ya i think it won't materialize
the afghan conflict isn't a conflict nemore
it's history and is relegated to second priority
i just don't think pak will b getting new stuff when there r other areas the US would like to deal with first

ullu

The Watcher said:
There are surplus helis that US is considering to transfer them to pakistan to hunt down taliban and alqaeda elements. Those helis include COBRAs(40 pak requested) and some hueys. That may take 2 years to materialize in one report so pakistan will be buying some other helis!!!
Yes, Pakistan will be buying 40 bell copters. Here are two that fit the description but don't know which one:

AH-1Z

The AH-1Z is the most capable and flexible multi-mission attack helicopter in the world. It is powerful, fast, agile and has the state-of-the-art dynamics, weapons and avionics suites that incorporates the latest survivability equipment available . The AH-1Z has excellent anti-armor capability and excels at the full spectrum of attack helicopter missions. It has the capability to operate effectively in the littorals where 70% of the world’s population live, and the capability to engage and defeat the broadest array of threats imaginable at standoff ranges not enjoyed before. The USMC AH-1Z is powered by the T700-GE-401. At customer choice, the more powerful T700-GE-701C can be installed for even more impressive performance:

Weapons Capability:

AGM-114A, B, and C Hellfire and anti-tank missiles up to 16 total
AGM-114F Hellfire anti-ship missiles – up to 16 total
AGM 114K Hellfire II radio-frequency anti-tank missiles – up to 16 total
70mm Rockets, 19 or 7 shot pods –up to 76 total
AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles
LUU-2A/B nighttime illumination flare
Mk 77 fire bombs
77 and 100 gallon external auxiliary fuel tanks
20 mm cannon
MK 76 practice bombs
BDU-33D/B practice bombs
MK 106 practice bombs

Or the UH-1!!!

The Watcher

Pakistan won't be getting the military types but instead Uncle will be provding Pakistan with commercial bell helis to fight off alqeada and other non-existent elements!

Can't really scan the article... cuz its news paper and when i put it through scanner the damn cheap paper gets stuck in the scanner. Go figure!

These are the types pakistan getting... it doesn't really matter they all look the same! Plus they are not military but commercial so no biggie there.

Heres pakistan the most important ally in war against terror-and it is not given the proper tools to do the job because maybe it may use it against india or some other shitty terrorist state.

http://www.bellhelicopter.textron.com/aircraft/commercial/
or in LAW enforcement category:
http://www.bellhelicopter.textron.com/aircraft/commercial/mission_law.html