New Generation western fighters plague with failures?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Sorry for being a weeeeeee bit off topic but i found these links. The Turkish F-16 was being piloted by Nail Erdogan. It happened in October 1996 and was kept secret by both Greece and Turkey. Apparently two days later the Turkish shot down a Mirage-2000 as reprisal. I also read this story on Janes website.

LINK HERE[/url]
Thanks Shamayel

I had it listed as a training loss. :eek

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a miracle that this incident didn't trigger a full scale war.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
I just got a look at the video about the world aircraft recently, and saw something that i thought impossible till now. What i saw is a SU-30MK doing a double 360 degrees summersault for few second with 0 forward speed and without losing altitude. Is that a real thing or just a camera trick.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
what air show? i have been to bregeut for the last 3 years and have not seen any dble somersaults...

are you saying that it forward rolled on axis with no drop in altitude?

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
It's possible, the maneuver would most likey be performed at the termination of a vertical or near vertical climb. I reiterate what's been said in the past however that these types of maneuvers, as impressive as they are have very little applicability in aerial combat today.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
gf0012 said:
what air show? i have been to bregeut for the last 3 years and have not seen any dble somersaults...

Have u go to the currently held LIMA 2003 in Langkawi? I heard they do that in there too.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
Gremlin29 said:
It's possible, the maneuver would most likey be performed at the termination of a vertical or near vertical climb. I reiterate what's been said in the past however that these types of maneuvers, as impressive as they are have very little applicability in aerial combat today.
Fom what i heard, they not doing it on the climb or near climb. it was on a perfect forward horizontal move when the Flanker nose suddenly climb up and make a complete summersault while maintaining forward move and current altitude. at least that what i heard. i kind of puzzled either.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Awang se said:
gf0012 said:

Have u go to the currently held LIMA 2003 in Langkawi? I heard they do that in there too.
I did, and I don't recall it being performed. I've seen the cobra done though. They are impressive "show moves" but are tactically useless. :)

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
I think i've been misinformed. But i still have the Video though. you should Try to find a video CD about the world military aircraft. maybe you can see it yourself and give your judgement.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Awang se said:
I think i've been misinformed. But i still have the Video though. you should Try to find a video CD about the world military aircraft. maybe you can see it yourself and give your judgement.
Would you mind giving me the CD details? I'll see if I can find it then.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
I think it sound quite like "the weapons of Destruction of the 21st century". they have many series though about the air, sea and land weapons.