New Aussie Air to air Refuellers.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Thanks for this info Bluey and welcome to DT. Perhaps this might put the B1-B proposition to rest once and for all! :D

Cheers
Thats optimistic... ;) No doubt there will be a post stating that zero lifing the remaining carcasses is still an option.

for some reason I keep on thinking of some frankenfurter type solution.... :eek:nfloorl:

harryriedl

Verified Defense Pro
Thats optimistic... ;) No doubt there will be a post stating that zero lifing the remaining carcasses is still an option.

for some reason I keep on thinking of some frankenfurter type solution.... :eek:nfloorl:
no no i think that Aus should manufacture their own B1b they can be made on the same line as the bushmasters ;) only joking no B1b for aus

Whiskyjack

Honorary Moderator / Defense Professional / Analys
Verified Defense Pro
no no i think that Aus should manufacture their own B1b they can be made on the same line as the bushmasters ;) only joking no B1b for aus
I believe that you are thinking to small, given its load and range surely converting the A380 into a strategic bomber is what Australia needs! :eek:nfloorl:

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
I believe that you are thinking to small, given its load and range surely converting the A380 into a strategic bomber is what Australia needs! :eek:nfloorl:
For Strike missions, it would need terrain following radar. Throw in a L-band MESA like on Wedgetail for AEW&C. Then add a few AMRAAM for BVR air to air. Think of all the synergies!

You'd have a strategic bomber, air superiority AEW AAR transport...

Sounds good to me:rolleyes:

-Cheers

A

Aussie Digger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
G'Day Gents, 1st post so be gentle.
Having visited ARRMA in Arizona last year and spoken to the staff on site, the B1Bs that are stored there are beyond their airframe life and are being broken up for spares. The USAF is short of B1Bs as it is and it is very unlikely there would be any available for purchase anyway. It seems they are likely to run out of B1Bs before they run out of B52s, and I assume no-one here would suggest we should buy them(B52s).
Er, I wouldn't be too sure of that. One of "us" may just get the idea for it and not let go of it. I suppose a future RAAF force of A-10's and B-52's wouldn't be too bad would it? Think of the bomb load and CAS capability we'd have !!! :shudder

Welcome to the boards anyway and thanks for the info...

swerve

Super Moderator
For Strike missions, it would need terrain following radar. Throw in a L-band MESA like on Wedgetail for AEW&C. Then add a few AMRAAM for BVR air to air. Think of all the synergies!

You'd have a strategic bomber, air superiority AEW AAR transport...

Sounds good to me:rolleyes:

-Cheers
You can delete the AAR equipment, since it'd be an entire air force on its own, so wouldn't have anything to refuel.

harryriedl

Verified Defense Pro
no you should have the same fit on 747 cargo you don't whant to upset carlo kopp by buying A EURO PLANE for defence the A380 will fall out of the sky when one su30 take off while a 747 could out manover one:hehe :rolling :eek:nfloorl: