N.korea and china...humm strange...

My2Cents

I assume you mean the following

Obama: US and China will co-ordinate response to North Korea rocket launch | World news | The Guardian

It'll be interesting to see it launch, even more interesting if Japan/S Korea shoots the rocket out of the sky.

Although given N.Koreas recent attitudes to the IAEA, i don't think anythings going to really happen.
Well, I think the Guardian really understands understands US priorities and the important issues at hand.
"The United States doesn't want to do anything that will result in North Korea conducting nuclear tests or missile launches or anything that would be detrimental to the Obama administration," said Kim Hyun Wook, a professor at the Institute of Foreign Affairs and National Security in Seoul.

"If that happens, there could be criticism from Republicans of Obama that his diplomatic efforts with North Korea have failed. Obama doesn't want that; it would make his re-election more difficult."
It should also be noted that:
"The two leaders agreed to co-ordinate closely in responding to this potential provocation, and if necessary consider what steps need to be taken following a potential launch," a senior White House aide told Reuters.
So they don’t have a plan yet, they have just agreed to discuss one. Given that China probably does not have much to lose if the negotiations to determine what those steps they will take if North Korea launches the missile fail, Obama is probably going to have to make some major concessions to keep the Chinese on board.

Unless, that is, the Chinese are afraid of a Republican President in 2013. Though, given the past history, I cannot imagine why.

demetrius-yin1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But did you know

Admin: Text deleted. Please read the forum rules about one liners...

Last edited by a moderator: