My Superphoon or super tyhoon mabye

Ben1993

I was just playing about on paint with a typoon blueprint (i was a bit bored)
I had an idea of a stealth typhoon so I made a rough idea of what I though it would look like I have no real knowledge of aerodynamics so dont get technical on me its just an idea. free to comment wich is a bit obvious.

swerve

Super Moderator
I don't know much about aerodynamics either, but I reckon you could have a problem with those canards, & their interaction with the wing.

It's an interesting idea, though. How much scope is there for re-shaping an aircraft like Typhoon to make it more stealthy?

Jezza

larger wing
lengthen airframe
internal bomb bays
lose canards
TSR size stealth bomber/strike aircraft
sounds good to me
f-111/tornado replacement:D:D

Ben1993

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cheers for the advice. Id like to see your ideas if you have any. And yes i agree I think it would be possible to make it a bit more stealthy. Thanks agian:)

Systems Adict

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Nice work...

I'm another limited knowledge person in aerodynamics, but from what I've picked up from watching both F1 Grand prix cars & discovery channel programs about stealth & A/C design, the canards would have to go.
They'd interrupt the airflow over the wing too much, so would cause more drag, probably affecting the ability to operate the taileron correctly. Might mean adding a 2nd one, just like the F-22.

I like the blended wing idea, looks like it a mix of the F-16 & other aspects borrowed from the F-22 / B2, but using a blended wing like the B2 means it needs to be "clean" in flight as possible, to gain more lift, meaning the A/C requires internal bomb bay, with as few external drop points on the wings as possible, that's another aspect of the stealth side of things.

SA

Last edited:

nevidimka

Looks good. But it does also look like those chinese photoshop stealth plane designs.

How did you draw that in paint? I too like to draw my own design's, but I find it hard to do it on paint. I always get the angles screwed up compared to what I have in mind.

Ben1993

I know what you mean the same has happened to me when im designing cars and other stuff. with this I didnt really have a full idea of what I wanted it to look like. I just used the curved lines and played about when I was happy with the line I left it. If I planned it out in my head before starting I proberley wouldnt have been happy with it and just close it without saving.
Dont think just do, only use this advice when designing not normal day to day life I wouldnt like to get sued. :)

nevidimka

I know what you mean the same has happened to me when im designing cars and other stuff. with this I didnt really have a full idea of what I wanted it to look like. I just used the curved lines and played about when I was happy with the line I left it. If I planned it out in my head before starting I proberley wouldnt have been happy with it and just close it without saving.
Dont think just do, only use this advice when designing not normal day to day life I wouldnt like to get sued. :)
you used curve lines for a design thats mostly straight lines? Why's that?
I have a few designs I always do in my head. Sometimes i get it sketched on paper and it turns out good. But When I try to translate it into Paint I have the problem that I mentioned. Its frustrating. The problem is mainly that the planes are basically of 2 half's. The lines of the 1st half has to correspond correctly with the lines of the opposite half. Hope you understand. :D

And the 1st design looks better IMO. I dont think the canard will cause problems for being too close. If you look at the F 22, its tail are in jigsaw like connection to the wings, n its OK there.

nevidimka

OK, good Idea. Its abit more work, I'll try and then put mine here. Hope you give some comments. I have a Pak Fa design in my mind....:D :D :D

nevidimka

Hi all, this is what I have in my mind for the unseen Pak Fa, complete with the Red star.. :D :D :D

I believe its the closest I can get to what I had in my mind..

I Hope this Bird can fly.... ehehhe..

Pls give some comments.

Ben1993

looks mint I can imagine it flying but I dont know if we are on to somthing or just playin about on paint but keep on bringing them in plz. We could do with an expert on aerodynamics any freinds people?

nevidimka

hehe.. I'd like it curvy, but made it straight due to Stealth. LOL. The body blended wing design and the tail sting is a tribute to the Sukhoi's Flanker.... :D

I dont think there are aerodynamic experts here though.