My entire armor collection

I know old post but I have not been on here for a long time. The link you posted are broken with lots of pics. So here is the entire collection again:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow. Very, very impressive. I hope you continue posting your models here, as you add new ones to your collection.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
May I ask why was Harley post deleted? I was just about to reply when I see it was removed. :(:confused:
Harley's post was deleted because he was spamming one liners across a range of threads in order to get his post count to 10 (the number required to post a link), and then started his own thread linking to an external job advertisement - ie he was a spammer.

Nothing personal. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Harley's post was deleted because he was spamming one liners across a range of threads in order to get his post count to 10 (the number required to post a link), and then started his own thread linking to an external job advertisement - ie he was a spammer.

Nothing personal. :)
Got it. :) I was just curious. Thanks for the explanation. :)

To Humming Drone: The models were heavily kit bashed and scratch built. Here are some WIP:

Here are links to a couple of WIP & articles of some of subjects:

The Patriot Launcher

Scratchbuilt M1134 Stryker ATGM

[ame="http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/tiking/LAV%20III%20WIP/"]LAV III WIP pictures by tiking - Photobucket[/ame]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a Front Loader that I made from a kid's toy:

The basis for the model is a 1/32 toy-like remote control from NewRay(never heard of them before) Naturally, there were many mistakes and inaccuracies on this vehicle when I bought it. Quite understandable as it wasn't meant to be a a collectible item but merely a simple toy for kids around the age of 5-7 years of age. My interest was to build a wheel loader after seeing Mig's version but didn't want to spend the amount they were asking for the model(yes, I know...cheap person ;) )

Anyhow, I wasn't too fond of the look of Mig's version, as I wanted something more
heavy-looking. Since there weren't anything in kit form, especially in 1/35 scale, I decided to look at other alternatives. So I was out grocery shopping and spotted this toy-like wheel loader. I stopped and looked at it and my mind started as usual sketching out the design aspects. I noticed it was not much of a model with not detailing what-so-ever, and a remote control toy at that. So I forgot about it, although I took noticed of the name of this particular model brand and decided I'll do a search on the net, just for the hell of it.

Doing an INTERNET search for this particular vehicle brand version I noticed I would have to do an extreme modification of the toy wheel loader if I wanted a nice representation of the real wheel loader. So after many days of contemplation and preparation I decided to buy the toy and go to work on it. Like I mentioned before, I did a reasonable amount of re-construction and refurbishing to get it to look like a descent enough model to be displayed. I had to remove all the remote devices and spokes motors and what-nots from within the toy loader. All sealed-up
openings had to be cut out as well as other areas had to be cut out like on the real vehicle. Some parts were removed and new scratch built pieces were used in it's place. It was a good bit of work but the results was all worth it.
All grab-irons, hydraulic hoses, pipings, antennae, wipers, support window braces, hinges, side view mirrors support braces, air intake, step grills, mud guards, rear view mirror and a drag hook were all scratch built.

Since I wanted a military version look I decided to paint it green and added all the necessary details like the strobe light and antennae. I think the end result really stands out than the original toy-like wheel loader. Now, this particular model is the L220E Wheel Loader manufacture by Volvo. I personally have no idea if this particular model exist in military colors but regardless if one exist or not, it does look good wearing the military color scheme, for sure.

This is the 1/32 scale Volvo L220E Wheel loader. Took me 6 days to get the results you see in the pics.

Before Pictures:

After Pictures:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks good, as always. I'll be waiting to see what other plastic wonders you come up with. :)

Been working on this for some time now and still got a little brushing up and small details to add before I am satisfied.

The inspiration for this little vignette comes from a photo I had seen on the net. I think it was taken in Afghanistan. So far this is my interpretation of such a scene of an IED Humvee attack; The name of the dio would be announced after I decide on the figures:

Here is the pic from which I got my inspiration:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

exported_kiwi

I just noticed this thread. Well done Charles. The attention to detail is incredible! How long, on average does it take to make one of these and how do you make the diorama's?

I have the idea of doing similar once I settle into my new home.

I just noticed this thread. Well done Charles. The attention to detail is incredible! How long, on average does it take to make one of these and how do you make the diorama's?

I have the idea of doing similar once I settle into my new home.

This is a long overdue reply. My humble apologies. Not often here. Thanks for the comments. It all depends on the complex of the model. Let say the LAV III took about a month or two because it was a lot of scratch building involved. The Patriot took about two weeks. Here are pics of the WIP; http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=2526, I work really fast when I have free time. The dioramas usually take a about a week.

SURB

This is just remarkable brilliance.I've seen nothing close to it before.
@charles king please carry on with your passion/hobby.The whole collection amazingly looks so real.
Please keep them coming.And be watchful of the tiny people around your house.They may get their hands on these smart and tiny war machines and then give you a hard time catching them around your house via net :D

An idea for you.If i had a collection like that and the passion to develop my own like charles king did, then i would have tried to recreate that ironman movie scene.Just to add a bit more flavor.
Another thing i would have liked is to invest on the helicopters to create a real battle scene.Like the second image i've attached; will look magnificent on that scale.
View attachment 6023

View attachment 6022

I know that the work that you have already done is really hard ,to achieve something like it demands time, love and passion and money.....to carry on.But keeping the result and satisfaction you get out of it in mind,it's really worth it.

Let me know your thoughts on it.....

This is just remarkable brilliance.I've seen nothing close to it before.
@charles king please carry on with your passion/hobby.The whole collection amazingly looks so real.
Please keep them coming.And be watchful of the tiny people around your house.They may get their hands on these smart and tiny war machines and then give you a hard time catching them around your house via net :D

An idea for you.If i had a collection like that and the passion to develop my own like charles king did, then i would have tried to recreate that ironman movie scene.Just to add a bit more flavor.
Another thing i would have liked is to invest on the helicopters to create a real battle scene.Like the second image i've attached; will look magnificent on that scale.
View attachment 6023

View attachment 6022

I know that the work that you have already done is really hard ,to achieve something like it demands time, love and passion and money.....to carry on.But keeping the result and satisfaction you get out of it in mind,it's really worth it.

Let me know your thoughts on it.....

Thank you for your very encouranging comments. Thank you kindly. The images you attached can be done. There are very fantastic builders who have achieve such scenes.