Mig I-2000

aaaditya

i believe that some work will also be given to sukhoi,and some features from the pakfa may be taken and vice versa.

chrisrobsoar

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Sukhoi and MIG competing for a single contract, we would never see that in the West, after all the contracts for the F-22 and the F-35 were just handed to LM without a contest, we didn’t bother to build the YF-22, YF-23, etc; LM were just given the contract over Boeing and NG: such competition is just not the way we do it in the west. ;) :rolleyes:

Chris

Abhimanyu

Nope, Sukhoi design is being funded by Russian govrement entirely. Russia will have 2 5th generation fighter.
It appears that everything is coming together quite well here for both the Russians as well as for India - with Russia funding the Sukhoi project to develop a 5th gen Multirole aircraft and India funding MIG for the a Light fighter version to replace the ageing Mig-21's. The Sukhoi 30 MKI will serve the IAF well for atleast a couple of decades as a potent multirole play.

Viktor

yea....still doubt that thing taking to the skies till 15 years later..
Nope prototype of PAK-FA will be shown this year and production is about to start at 2012-2013 about the same time as JSF but Im not sure about I-2000.

qwerty223

Sukhoi and MIG competing for a single contract, we would never see that in the West, after all the contracts for the F-22 and the F-35 were just handed to LM without a contest, we didn’t bother to build the YF-22, YF-23, etc; LM were just given the contract over Boeing and NG: such competition is just not the way we do it in the west. ;) :rolleyes:
Chris
IMO, i would say Mig and Sukhoi will remain the same situation as now in the future. 2 class fighter is need and Sukhoi for heavy, Mig for light. So India to join any of them will benefits both.:)

corzair

doesnt the Mig I-2000 look like the JF-17 but with two tails

Anyway with strong oil and gas revenues Russia my go with both designs

Viktor

doesnt the Mig I-2000 look like the JF-17 but with two tails

Anyway with strong oil and gas revenues Russia my go with both designs
There has being on official releases of Mig I-2000 pictures so you dont know how it looks like.

alexsa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

Chris
Sorry about the delayed response. Cannot agree with this statment. Lets face the Boeing JSF did not deserve to win that contract but there was certainly a competition involving extensive testing of both concepts.

Same goes wiht the F-22. The YF-22 and YF-23 flew off against each other and many considered the YF-23 a better opitons. For a number of reasons (including cost I understand) the YF-22 won through and led to the F-22. It is also worth remembering Boeing are involved in the F-22 in a manner was as well.

aaaditya

hey guys,check out this link and article,according to this some design discussion has gone on between the indians and the russians regarding the fifth generation combat aircraft over the past 5 years.

here is the link:

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/newsrf.php?newsid=8036

India and Russia may move a step closer towards realising their long-pending goal of joint development and production of a fifth generation fighter aircraft during the visit of Russian Defence Minister Sergei Ivanov to the Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) in Bangalore next week.

The Russian defence minister is visiting HAL as a part of a ground preparation tour on the eve of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s visit on January 25-26 during which some announcements on the fighter may be expected. Besides HAL, he would visit the Indian Space Research Organisation. Mr Ivanov will tour Delhi and Bangalore between January 23 and 24.

The two nations are expected to arrive at some sort of understanding on the fifth generation fighter project first proposed almost five years ago when George Fernandes was the defence minister.

Sources said that an inter-governmental agreement may be in the offing. But the details of the fighter are unknown though scientists from both sides have exchanged ideas on the project a number of times in the last few years. For the MTA project, both countries are expected to share the cost on 50:50 basis following the Brahmos model in which an effective cruise missile was co-developed and produced through a joint venture.

SATAN

hey guys,check out this link and article,according to this some design discussion has gone on between the indians and the russians regarding the fifth generation combat aircraft over the past 5 years.

here is the link:

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/newsrf.php?newsid=8036

India and Russia may move a step closer towards realising their long-pending goal of joint development and production of a fifth generation fighter aircraft during the visit of Russian Defence Minister Sergei Ivanov to the Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) in Bangalore next week.

The Russian defence minister is visiting HAL as a part of a ground preparation tour on the eve of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s visit on January 25-26 during which some announcements on the fighter may be expected. Besides HAL, he would visit the Indian Space Research Organisation. Mr Ivanov will tour Delhi and Bangalore between January 23 and 24.

The two nations are expected to arrive at some sort of understanding on the fifth generation fighter project first proposed almost five years ago when George Fernandes was the defence minister.

Sources said that an inter-governmental agreement may be in the offing. But the details of the fighter are unknown though scientists from both sides have exchanged ideas on the project a number of times in the last few years. For the MTA project, both countries are expected to share the cost on 50:50 basis following the Brahmos model in which an effective cruise missile was co-developed and produced through a joint venture.

Is this the PAK-FA or another totally new aircraft?

aaaditya

Is this the PAK-FA or another totally new aircraft?
we dont know yet,india prefers a single engine fifth generation fighter ,while the pakfa is twin engined one,the indo-russian fifth generation fighter may be a singe engined variant of the pakfa.

ahussains

Russian Chinees Mig 1.44 / Jxx

i think this is MIG 1.44 MPFI / Project 1.44 a super sonic stealth only russians or chianees can make this after the americans , Iran dosent have the ability /capibiltiy nither Indians can do this all alone , Only Russian Chinees joint project is the possiablity :rolleyes: