Mig-21 era has come to an abrupt end today

Dino van Doorn

I was very lucky to catch these Mig-21 fighter before the abrubt end as of today !!

The message below was at Reuters news agency today:
"BUCHAREST, April 15 - NATO member Romania has grounded its remaining fleet of military MiG 21 LanceR jets as of Friday given their "considerably high accident rate", and will speed up a planned purchase of second-hand F-16s from Norway, the defence ministry said."

StobieWan

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recall the story of one civilian operator in Florida who had a standing arrangement with ATC - he'd depart heading out to sea, take it supersonic, then immediately declare a fuel emergency and request landing clearance. That was a sobering commentary on the range of the beast :)

T.C.P

Those of you who are sad about the Mig-21s retiring and all Mig-21 varriants dissapearing have no fear. Bangladesh Air Force hears you and is here to offer salvation. The BAF will fly the F-7s until 2050 at this point. I fully expect to hear the cries of misery of Chinese officials, when Bangladesh makes them reopen the the defunct production lines a second time in 2030 to order 16 new F-7BXIGAZAJNSL models.

Xi goes to bed in fear everynight, that he must spend milions ensuring that the mothballed production equipments are kept in functioning order, for when Bangladesh comes calling for more F-7s, China must answer.....