Midtguardian Navy

Bozoo1

Thanks for the suggestion, I will do just that and post on the military models.

I'll also try to post the link to some pictures here. Meanwhile some pictures can be found on facebook.com by searching for Midtguardia Defence system group. There is one picture of the gunboat on order, and one of a squadron from the armoured regiment. The main pictures are from the Midtguardian airforce base, Anki, with pictures from the infrastructure as well as aircraft. The comments are in English for your benefit.:)

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
T be honest purchasing the EF makes little sense. Why not the Gripen? Or if you're looking for a purchase that isn't dependent on Norway or Sweden, get some refurbished F-16s or even refurbished Fulcrums. Those could come very very cheap. And typically, if handled well, will cost less to operate in the long run, then the large and sophisticated EF.

Bozoo1

T be honest purchasing the EF makes little sense. Why not the Gripen? Or if you're looking for a purchase that isn't dependent on Norway or Sweden, get some refurbished F-16s or even refurbished Fulcrums. Those could come very very cheap. And typically, if handled well, will cost less to operate in the long run, then the large and sophisticated EF.
I need a modern air defense fighter as this is my main worry. I have managed to buy 12 machines and hope to get another 24 giving me 36 fighters, and thus stopping the upgrade of my F 4s. I'll use these as as maritime strike aircraft and for Wild Weasel duties. I can't get Gripens as the Swedes hate my guts and availiable F 16s are old and require major maintenance work for every flight hour.

And again - there just aint no F 16's around in my scale.:)

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
New-build F-16s are available. After refurbishing, if it's a major purchase, you can get them in very good condition and maintenance won't be a major issue. Finally the used and refurbished Fulcrum market is still huge. And a whole lot cheaper then a new EF.

Also, just to give an idea, the Malaysian airforce has under 30 fighter jets.... :)

Again the EF, a big ticket item, makes little sense. No F-16s for your scale? What scale models do you use? Just curious.

matthew22081991

At the moment we are upgrading the airforce transitioning from F 4 to Eurofigthers.
That's quite a leap in capability.

Bozoo1 said:
I can't get Gripens as the Swedes hate my guts.
Why? I always took them as such friendly people :p

Bozoo1 said:
The comments are in English for your benefit.
Don't get any ideas about making us speak Mitguardian in the comments, I approve of English entirely!!! :p

Bozoo1

New-build F-16s are available. After refurbishing, if it's a major purchase, you can get them in very good condition and maintenance won't be a major issue. Finally the used and refurbished Fulcrum market is still huge. And a whole lot cheaper then a new EF.

Also, just to give an idea, the Malaysian airforce has under 30 fighter jets.... :)

Again the EF, a big ticket item, makes little sense. No F-16s for your scale? What scale models do you use? Just curious.
The scale is H0, that is 1:87, which is the universal scale for model railroads. The model railroad that I started up with 49 years ago is what Midtguardia sprang out of, which means that there is en entire civilian infrastructure as well, specifically downtown Gustavsberg, in addition to the defense forces.

The fact is, the only jets that are available are the F 4, the A 10, the EF and the F 104, and even those very difficult to come by. The EFs are no longer on the market and there was therefore run a production line specifically for me.

I do see your point about the number of aircraft though. I know Austria bought just 15 EFs. Midtguardias problem though is that both Sweden and Norway wants their territory back and I have to have sufficient forces to discourage any rash decisions. The 12 EFs already in my inventory will be enough for air policing, but hopelessly outmatched by Norways 50+ F 16s and Swedens 120+ Gripens. Obviously, I could never hope to match this, but a combination of 36 EF's and a possible future Patriot battery (hugely expensive in H0 scale) might make Midtguardias adversaries think twice.

Bozoo1

That's quite a leap in capability.

Why? I always took them as such friendly people :p

Don't get any ideas about making us speak Mitguardian in the comments, I approve of English entirely!!! :p
Yes I know, it will be quite the challenge to make the world speak Mitdguardian. Take a look at the Midtguardia thread in Military Models if your interested, where the discussions may be more appropriate regarding the forum topic