MALAYASIAN NAVY `KASTURI` CLASS FS

Brett M.

Anybody in the forum have any closein decent pics of the FS 1500 Type frigate,Kasturi class,or pics of ship crests.
Can`t find any good ref. material anywhere.
Brett M.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Kasturi Class (FS 1500) Frigates
In the 1980's two Kasturi class Frigates were delivered to the Royal Malaysian Navy, which were constructed in Germany by HDW on the FS 1500 Frigate design.They are armed with a Creusot Loire 100mm main gun, Bofors Mk1 57mm gun , 30mm twin cannons, Bofors 375mm ASW rockets and 4 MM38 Exocet SSM. They lack serious AAW and point-defense systems.

Thats all I could find.

Brett M.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks tatra,
The shots on the links are very good,perfect for my research,but I can`t expand the pics! they don`t appear to have individual addresses?
Any ideas on what`s going on?? if I could get those shots to normal size,they are just what I`m looking for.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
Brett M. said:
Thanks tatra,
The shots on the links are very good,perfect for my research,but I can`t expand the pics! they don`t appear to have individual addresses?
Any ideas on what`s going on?? if I could get those shots to normal size,they are just what I`m looking for.
Yeah, sorry about that, I noticed it too. Big images were probably removed (storage or bandwidth issues?). Not a lot that can be done. Look around the site for email address to contact site owner then ask him/her. Other than that, if you're running under Win XP, try saving and viewing small images locally: you might be able to enlarge a bit before pic gets too grainy.