Looking for name of defense contractor

jer2911tx

A headhunter has contacted me about a position, sounds worth looking into.
Due to a confidentiality agreement, he can't tell me who the contractor is at this point, but I will be notified of the company's name should I decide to accept an interview for the position.
It is a defense contractor in Ft Worth (not Lockheed Martin, that much I know) that has a contract to work on military hummers.
Any ideas where I should look to find out what company in the Ft Worth area (possibly South Ft Worth) has a defense contract on hummers?
It will be contract-to-full-hire, so i'm trying to get as much info as possible before i make a decision on leaving my current position.
Thanks for your help

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Bell Textron recently scored a contract refurbing a series of mil vehicles including the Hummer. Then there is also Lockmart. They've also scored recent contracts for the Hummer

jer2911tx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks for the info.
i'll look up some info on them.
all i know is a headhunter came across my resume and it lines up with a position the are looking to fill contract-to-hire, so i'm trying to get as much info as i can on my own. i've got a pretty secure job now with a major defense contractor on the f/a-22, so leaving for this position would require a lot of answers regarding how secure the position is, because a 6-month position isn't worth it. he says it's contract-to-hire, and only one person they've sent contract-to-hire wasn't hired full-time, and that was because he was driving from dallas over to fort worth and the drive was an issue.
i was wanting to find out which company it is and how secure the position would be. if all they have is this contract with the hummers and nothing to swap me to when the contract runs out, it may not be very secure. and i need to find out how long the contract is for. no reason for me to leave my current position unless they make it worth it. i'd have to have a substantial increase to work as a contractor due to the risk involved, and because when the company did hire me full-time, they'd offer less than i'd be making as a contractor because they'd have to factor benefits into their salary offer.
guess i need to try to find some info on those two companies and see how secure they are and the contracts.
i appreciate the help

jer2911tx

gf0012-aust said:
Bell Textron recently scored a contract refurbing a series of mil vehicles including the Hummer. Then there is also Lockmart. They've also scored recent contracts for the Hummer
well, when the headhunter told me he couldn't tell me the name of the company at this point, i asked him if it was lockheed martin, because that's where i currently am and it may cause a problem getting hired away by a contractor to work at lockheed....so i guess it must be bell textron, which is better than it being some small-time defense contractor. at least bell has some other areas to fall back on if the contract gets cut short. i'm mainly trying to figure out how secure the position would be.
i'm supposed to get more details on the position monday.
i guess i'll try to google up some info on the hummer contract bell has

jer2911tx

Re: FOUND!! name of defense contractor

OK,
i'm pretty sure i found the name of the contractor.
it is http://www.efw.com/
anyone know anything about these guys?
in 2000, they had about $200 million in sales, with under 1000 employees.

i'm currently at lm, which is huge, so there are many opportunities for transferring to different areas/states/countries/etc.

but, if the new position has a NICE bump in salary, and the company seems stable and my position with the company will be secure and i won't be laid off if one contract gets shuffled, it may be worth it.

anyone have any opinion on this company?
heard anything about them?

Thanks