Lockhead Martin to sell weapons to India...

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
dabrownguy said:
WTF! Did the US allow any selling of western goods to India like F-16. And can India get Rafele or Gripen?
India can buy what it wants as long as the home selling country wants to facilitate the sale.

There are better aircraft than the Rafale.

And India is buying Orions to replace the Mays..

A

Aussie Digger

I don't understand what you're problem is Su-37. Do you think that Australia is planning some type of war against India or maybe Indonesia? Well apart from our complete lack of capability for such an endeavour we have no political intent or even will to do so. Obtaining Electronic Intelligence against countries in your region is something that is done by EVERY country. Do you think that India doesn't do it? What do you think they intend to use their new PC-3 Orions that they are buying from the US for, pilot training?

ullu

Well, in eyes of su-37, all about india is good and all about other countries that don't say india is good are bad. :roll :lolol

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Testing Systems capabilities

Su-27, one of the things that I didn't add in my response to you, but assumed that it was self evident is that the reason for testing signatures of any other nations equipment is to ensure that the targetting databases are up to date..

in the case of a submarine, if we were tooling around in the Indian or Pacific ocean and were in a state of war with another country, we need to know fairly quickly whether the detected platform is a friendly, neutral or hostile nation. Thats why you have an onboard database, you even track and photograph commercial shipping for the same reason.

the whole purpose of it is to make your own ROE's safer if you go into a threatened theatre.

the last thing you want to do is sink a vessel from a neutral country.
the reason why you test reaction times of aircraft and their land bound defences etc... is because there are other nations who use similar and/or identical equipment who may be hostile to us, its a data mining exercise.

we know the parameters of USAF aircraft such as the F16's as we never know if one day those platforms may be used against us in a fragile unstable region that may see a dramatic change in circumstances.

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Well yea its perfectly normal keepin an eye on the ship but HEY gettin all the frequencies an stuff is uncalled 4

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
corsair7772 said:
Well yea its perfectly normal keepin an eye on the ship but HEY gettin all the frequencies an stuff is uncalled 4
no, its actually quite normal, all navies do it, all those with submarines do it, and the russians used to have their intel "fishing" trawlers in on it as well.

you HAVE to know the signatures of all ships, thats way the onboard database tied into the weaps systems and the human "mark 1 brain" can make a rapid solution if req'd.

commercial ships don't have IFF, if the baloon "goes up", then all of the commercial assets flagging issues become essential determinants as to whether they become a target.

EVERY navy does this (those that have databases) - it would be negligent not to do so.

ahussains

Guy we have to realise this in comming days India and US have good Miltary and Economic Ties.. Because they want India to be a big market for there weapon industry after few years US, Russia , and Europe all they are fighting with each other to sold there Weapons to India ... At that tine Pakistan have a good chance to improve there Military Equipment on LOW prices ;)

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
gf0012 said:
corsair7772 said:
no, its actually quite normal, all navies do it, all those with submarines do it, and the russians used to have their intel "fishing" trawlers in on it as well.

you HAVE to know the signatures of all ships, thats way the onboard database tied into the weaps systems and the human "mark 1 brain" can make a rapid solution if req'd.

commercial ships don't have IFF, if the baloon "goes up", then all of the commercial assets flagging issues become essential determinants as to whether they become a target.

I dont think stealing the freqs for ships is something tht the indians will allow rite under their noses. Thts like givin a guy a bullet from ur gun 2 use on u.

EVERY navy does this (those that have databases) - it would be negligent not to do so.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
corsair, can you please be careful when you do your quotes?

I dont think stealing the freqs for ships is something tht the indians will allow rite under their noses. Thts like givin a guy a bullet from ur gun 2 use on u.
it misrepresents the thrust of what i have said previously .

but, short of stopping your vessel and getting it to run silent, there is nothing that the captain can do.

It really is no big deal between navies, it is expected as everyone is trawling for data for fundamentally identical reasons.

If its a hostile situation, then that is a different matter...

A

Aussie Digger

This sort of thing is very similar to armies exercising together. Do you think that they shouldn't be allowed to pretend to shoot at each other either as one day it might happen for real? Scanning for ELINT, IMINT and SIGINT is a world wide accepted practice that is carried out by every modern and competent military. If they didn't do this they would never get the chance once the shooting starts. Their platform will be destroyed before they get the chance to figure out what's targeting them.

Su_37

Tell me dose India need database of South African or Isreali Navy?

Well may Be , I think you should recall the incident when China taken a extreme steps againt American Planes.

Well when ever such things happens in international waters , Adversery always taken a extreme steps either shoot down and do something damaging.

Well Indian ships never gone to Australian Waters, do they ?

Wells ending Subs and Ships in Indian Waters by Australia will prove Country long range intrest then India will also started to send its Ships and Subs for snooping Aus Ships .,

Anyway, U always Gives me example of US - Russia , every one knows they are enemy country , give example of Nutural countries .

Indian Planes flies in Indian Oceans. nut not in Aribian sea or over malaysia .

I don;t think India will fly PC3 over Australian waters.

No , some country try to snoop other country until and unless one don;t have intrest over another.

Why don;t Australian planes fly on SOuth African waters , don;t they need their data base upated about South African Navy , OR what about China ? why don;t thy Fly on China or Japan ?

Man no county goes on snooping to other until and unless it dosen't want to make thier relation deep down.

Thats ok .. peace ,, and please come back to topic .,

Regarding Wapon Sale , India is avey Big Market for US , Russia and Isreal.

India Trust , Isreal and Russia but not America In wepons area. India think US is a country of Intrest which becomes frined in the time of its Intrest and then leave it when its aim is over , E.g. is PAK.

thats why India don;t show Intrest in US made Wepons , India only purchase Halk only after when UK remove all American made component with someone other and UK dose so.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Su-27. India is right in the middle of renegotiating military deals with the US. You better tell Fernandez that he's not doing the right thing - as the Indian govt obviously has a different view from you.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Man no county goes on snooping to other until and unless it dosen't want to make thier relation deep down.

Thats ok .. peace ,, and please come back to topic .
rather than continue this here, PM me and I will try and explain off thread

umair

Peace Enforcer
gf0012 said:

Thats ok .. peace ,, and please come back to topic .
rather than continue this here, PM me and I will try and explain off thread
Some people never learn :roll
Su I have already posted that this sort of thing is the norm for all navies and all the other posts are also backing up this basic idea.Being patriotic is ok but being cynical :?

Su_37

gf0012 said:
Su-27. India is right in the middle of renegotiating military deals with the US. You better tell Fernandez that he's not doing the right thing - as the Indian govt obviously has a different view from you.
]

Well yes india is negotiating deals wiht US , but not in major wepons , as you see no major deals was done , India only trying to take advantage of the time. US can provide valuable technological help in the area of defence.

No ships , No subs , No planes i think will India buy in next 20 years or so. India's only interest is in its Anti Missile System and India is keen to harness it.

buying PC3 will provide operation details and intelegence details about the components and technology used on these , which will help in developing the countermeasure against PAk maritime planes.

Moreover , you heard the story like that Isreali when about to buy F-16 planes instist on providing the radar details to them which helps then to devlop the F-16 radar jammers which will put the F-16 of enemy countries efferctive less and make those only as good as flying a oridenary plane.

When India Float a tender forr the US Airforce One style plane for Indian Prime Minister , Boing won the contact but they are not providing technological details about the components they are installing on the plane ,so India is not buying those planes.

Like this they are mnay exampleas where India don;t trust US in major wepon deals , Becasue US is sanction Happy country and India don;t wnat to make it dependable on US

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Moreover , you heard the story like that Isreali when about to buy F-16 planes instist on providing the radar details to them which helps then to devlop the F-16 radar jammers which will put the F-16 of enemy countries efferctive less and make those only as good as flying a oridenary plane.
Israel gets its aircraft minus US EW and electrical suites. They install their own. They're normally acknowledged as being superior to the american units, same as for the F15's. They install their own kit.

As for India and its attitude to US purchases, that is certainly changing. They have expressed an interest in US ASW systems and are looking at substantial co-development with Israel in EW and missile technologies.
That is a bit of a shift from its long term history with Russia.

India will do what India sees as best for its own national interests, but I'd suggest to you that there is far more happening with the US than what is publicly available.

Similarly Pakistan under Musharaff is doing similar things.

The US doesn't consider India a threat and yet I get the distinct impression that you see it as one. Trade between nations is one of the things that can break down mistrust and remove barriers. I'd suggest that you have a look at the growth in trade that India conducts to see that it is moving rapidly to wanting to be a more visible trader and partner.

I say that as someone who was a member of the AsiaSociety, Australia India Chamber of Commerce, the Australia-Arab Chamber of Commerce and as a member of various American institutions..

Su_37

Well , In the Area of Hi-Tech , India and US views are far apart , US tries to block ISRO from accuirying Cryo Engines which then India has to develop its own.

US still not supplied Dual Uses Items to India .

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Su_37 said:
Well , In the Area of Hi-Tech , India and US views are far apart , US tries to block ISRO from accuirying Cryo Engines which then India has to develop its own.

US still not supplied Dual Uses Items to India .
I was under the impression that this was a discussion point still being addressed etc... India was looking at having a role in the MARs programme.

kilo_4que

Not having the chance to read all the posts on this thread. The thing one should be thinking of is, SO WHAT. So what if Lockheed Martin is willing to supply india with Tech. This would only give instability to those from rival nations. You people should think more positive and more superior to this news for your own country. If you dig deep, these types of news bust out day in day ouot with every country.

For example in the case of one of indias biggest rival Pakistan there are talks between Desault and Saab/Boeing regarding Rafale and Grippen respectively. Furthermore, there are talk with france regarding the Mirage-2000. Until anything hasnt been delivered, one cant comment. Hence we need to all see what happens.

Su_37

kilo_4que said:
Not having the chance to read all the posts on this thread. The thing one should be thinking of is, SO WHAT. So what if Lockheed Martin is willing to supply india with Tech. This would only give instability to those from rival nations. You people should think more positive and more superior to this news for your own country. If you dig deep, these types of news bust out day in day ouot with every country.

For example in the case of one of indias biggest rival Pakistan there are talks between Desault and Saab/Boeing regarding Rafale and Grippen respectively. Furthermore, there are talk with france regarding the Mirage-2000. Until anything hasnt been delivered, one cant comment. Hence we need to all see what happens.

Well , India is almost in the final stage of getting Mirage 2000-5 in 150 to 200 in numbers , I don;t think Franch then will supply Mirage or Rafal to Pak , as India Put an Condition of this Multi billion $ deal. Deal which include Subs and planes ranging deal form 4 to 5 billion $.

I don;t think Franch will Jepordise this Billions $ deals in order to get Few Million deals with PAK.