Is the Moon to be Crowded??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasin20

and all we wanted was Hilton on the moon :)

how long will it take for an ICBM to reach earth target that is launched from the moon?
its not even worth it man it would a internationel crisis then or even a freaking major war i mean thing man i cant belive that WW3 could happen just becouse of a space race i mean thats my opinion mostly trying to plant ICBMS on the moon iit would cause WW3

Atilla [TR]

how long will it take for an ICBM to reach earth target that is launched from the moon?
Enough time for the target to 1:Build there own missle and shoot it at the incoming missle 2:find the country responsible 3: use there land ICBM to do the damage before the other one comes.

Can you imagine if the wrong people steal the ICBMs from the moon with a camera. The people on earth would be like no no don't do that!

Ozzy Blizzard

Why on earth (pun intended) would you put ICBM's on the moon? It would be clearly visible to anyone, would take 3+days instead of 40 minets and would give the target ample warning re the incomeing. Sorry but that is a stupid idea.

In any case i hope the various national lunar programmes are amalgimated into a single global programme. If this was the case we would be on mars in 20 years no worries. Why would we invent the wheel 10 times when we can just pool our efforts. Space exploration should transend national interests, its both to our collective shame and detrement that it does not.

Firehorse

Banned Member
Why on earth (pun intended) would you put ICBM's on the moon? It would be clearly visible to anyone, would take 3+days instead of 40 minets and would give the target ample warning re the incoming. Sorry but that is a stupid idea.
It would also take 3 days for the enemy to destroy them on the Moon, especially if they are on the dark side of it. So, the idea was to luanch them only as a "2nd strike" before they are destroyed. that was the deterrant before SSBNs were built instead.

RubiconNZ

The Wanderer
Why on earth (pun intended) would you put ICBM's on the moon? It would be clearly visible to anyone, would take 3+days instead of 40 minets and would give the target ample warning re the incomeing. Sorry but that is a stupid idea.
Yeah I do wonder about the value of this thread considering some of the discussion and the age of the original post and the closure of another thread pertaining to space exploration I am surprised the thread has lasted.

OK, closed. :) /GD

Status
Not open for further replies.