Iran's Shafagh and M-ATF

nevidimka

I got some cockpit pictures from the Iran plane. The plane had Russian participation b4 Russia pulled out, hence the design, and cockpit layout and instruments.

And M-ATF is Iran's proposed stealth plane, I think based on the Mig's I-2000 concept. I'm not sure how far Iran can go with that 1 though.

meh

I got some cockpit pictures from the Iran plane. The plane had Russian participation b4 Russia pulled out, hence the design, and cockpit layout and instruments.

And M-ATF is Iran's proposed stealth plane, I think based on the Mig's I-2000 concept. I'm not sure how far Iran can go with that 1 though.
Either way remember the quote "never underestimate your opponent" just because its not from a First world country does not mean it cannot do any damage. And now Russia is helping Iran in some fields (not sure which ones exactly) they might just be able to trun it into a real fighter.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Shafagh is a light jet-aircraft along the lines of a combat/trainer like the Yak-130 or MiG-AT, or L-39. It's an impressive accomplishment for a 3rd world country with little indigenous aerospace industry, but not even comparable to MLU F-16, Flankers, Fulcrums, F-15s, etc.

nevidimka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Either way remember the quote "never underestimate your opponent" just because its not from a First world country does not mean it cannot do any damage. And now Russia is helping Iran in some fields (not sure which ones exactly) they might just be able to trun it into a real fighter.
Exactly, i'm starting to wonder if they will be able to build the M-ATF they are claiming. maybe some help from Russia or China. But if they start flying it then it is a very good accomplishment. But technology wise in terms of Radar and avionics wont be up to western standard though.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
They'll be lucky if the M-ATF is a decent 4th gen. with some RCS-reduction techniques. It would be a huge leap forward for Iranian aviation industry (from manufacturing F-5 clones and effectively combat/trainers).

nevidimka

To build a a plane with RCS reduced airframe, the IRanias must have radar signature testing ability as well as air tunnel to build them. that itself is quite impressive for an ARAB country considering none of the ARAB countries have them. Or are they carried out in Russia?

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Iran isn't Arabian. It's Persian. ;)

And I don't know if they do or not, but they could probably do at least some of the work in Russia or China. Potentially even build their own facility (in the long run). But I mean what exactly do you need to test RCS? A large radar dish pointed at the airframe? They probably already have an air tunnel for aerodynamics testing if they're designing their own airframes.

nevidimka

I believe RCS testing facilities are more complex than a normal radar dish pointing at the plane. !st of all the RCS would be tested on scale models, and it would be in an enclosed complex with multiple radar source to check the planes RCS from most angles.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Multiple radars? I hope someone who knows the specifics can comment, but I would think it's easier to rotate the airframe :p

Atilla [TR]

I heard that Iran and China have good relations, is this ture? And Iran could buy chinese planes and what not right? Note the new Iranian bullpup is a redesigned Chinese copy.

Air2Air

Hello Guys Iran And China Not Have Any Relation . Iran Have Self-reliance I'm Test Pilot In Iran Shafagh Is Really Good And Have Multiple Radars Shafagh Can Get 7 Target In Sky And Engage This With Some Different air-to-air missiles

I Just Say this To All Of You

We Can Do It