Iranian F-4I (PhotoShop, nothing more)

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
F-4I (as refered by US intelegence -claims Iran) is an upgrade of F-4C with new avionics and engines. The upgrade seems to have gone to far. Just see the pic. I am betting its a photoshop but Iranians say it is official pic released by its airforce.

Oh, & please just dont laugh at it, just be shocked;

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What kids can not do with photoshop now days :D:hitwall:rotfl

the 1st three engines are same & the last three are same as well. Look at them closely.

Big-E

Banned Member
LMFAO! I wouldn't put it past them to try something so absurd. I don't know which would happen first, the airframe flying apart or her running out of fuel?:lol2

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Big-E said:
LMFAO! I wouldn't put it past them to try something so absurd. I don't know which would happen first, the airframe flying apart or her running out of fuel?:lol2
Its not real but even if it was, i doubt it would even be able to take off.

Big-E

Banned Member
SABRE said:
Its not real but even if it was, i doubt it would even be able to take off.
It would fly apart before it got airborne b/c there is no way an F-4 frame can structurally withstand that much thrust. That answered that question.:lol3

Do you have a link to the site claiming this to be in their inventory?

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Yes i do have the link but lets just leave that poor kid alone now, he already has gotten his @$$ kicked for this from the members of that forum.

Besides, since its external forum, I cant post the link. The DT Rules dont allow it.

orko_8

Even the airframe could carry six J79 monsters, even it could take off one piece what could be the range of this little bird with the same internal space for fuel as the "two engine version"? :) A couple of meters? :)

Big-E

Banned Member
SABRE said:
Yes i do have the link but lets just leave that poor kid alone now, he already has gotten his @$$ kicked for this from the members of that forum.

Besides, since its external forum, I cant post the link. The DT Rules dont allow it.
I was under the impression the Iranian airforce issued that photo.:eek:

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Big-E said:
I was under the impression the Iranian airforce issued that photo.:eek:
Thats what the dude claimed !!! Iranian army (or just the airforce) may be every thing you think of them but they are not this stupid & desperate to come up with this.

contedicavour

this guy watched too many episodes of Stargate ;)
He must have been trying to build the Dedalus spaceship from the frame of a Phantom :lol3

Jokes aside, Iran could open a museum dedicated to ancient US fighters, from F-5A to F-5E to F-4E to F-14 (sad thing that Iran is the last country flying those wonderful tomcats...)

cheers

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
contedicavour said:
Jokes aside, Iran could open a museum dedicated to ancient US fighters, from F-5A to F-5E to F-4E to F-14 (sad thing that Iran is the last country flying those wonderful tomcats...)

cheers
They are still flying these aircrafts. F-14 is their front line air-superiority fighter.

Big-E

Banned Member
contedicavour said:

cheers
Museum? Many countries still fly these aircraft -f-14. If they had been given an upgrade package they would be a viable threat.

contedicavour

Big-E said:
Museum? Many countries still fly these aircraft -f-14. If they had been given an upgrade package they would be a viable threat.
You are right, but I know of no other country flying (or at least trying to ;) ) so many old models at the same time. That's why I wrote "museum".

cheers

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
No one else would have bought F-14s even if it had gone through MLUs. Its not only expensive in terms of price per unit but also in terms of Cost of mantenance. Just darn too expensive. Dnt even knw why Iranians dint go for F-15s instead. They stated a really odd requirement of high altitude flying aircraft to counter Soviet MiG-25.

Big-E

Banned Member
SABRE said:
No one else would have bought F-14s even if it had gone through MLUs. Its not only expensive in terms of price per unit but also in terms of Cost of mantenance. Just darn too expensive. Dnt even knw why Iranians dint go for F-15s instead. They stated a really odd requirement of high altitude flying aircraft to counter Soviet MiG-25.
Once the US techs destroyed the Pheonix before withdrawal it really limited their usefulness.

contedicavour

Leaving aside the remaining Phantoms and Tomcats, and the ex-Iraqi Fulcrums, Foxbats arrived after the Gulf War, what are the best assets of the Iranian Air Force ? I've read even about MIG-31 at one time, but my last confirmed data mentioned MIg-29 and SU-24.

cheers

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Leaving aside F-14s & F-4s they have:

F-5
MiG-29 (Iraqi ... dnt knw if they bought new ones or not)
Mirage F-1
Su-24

During recent Iranian war games it seemed like only Su-24 took part in it.

They also seem to have AWACs according to roumers. Probably Russian A-50 but it seems to be mounted on some old Boeing or Airbus aircraft.