Interesting & obscure RAN discussions (not related to current capabilities)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Don't blame the messenger ... Hellyer said it ... ban him.

Money, of course is the issue. It occurs to me that when the government announced that the big-ticket items from the last defence paper had all been costed and put in place a 25 year plan they left very little meat on the bone for any new programs that might arise in the meantime. I really can't see the navy waiting 20 or more years for money to become available for new automated systems. Hard choices will need to be made. Choices made even harder now that the economy is in the dumpster.
Yep, but you're not in the navy nor in charge of the navy so you don't have any say what the navy will or won't be doing now in 10 years in 20 years. As you very well know, all the navy can do is put recommendations to government who make the final decisions.

Now we are also aware or the growing geostrategic tensions within the region between China and everyone else. If hard choices have to be made it's up to the government of the day to make them when appropriate.

THIS PARTICULAR CONVERSATION IS BECOMING POINTLESS AND ENTERING FANTASY LAND. SO I VERY STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU GIVE IT A REST.

Status
Not open for further replies.