Indonesian Aero News

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Indeed they keep that EH-101 hidden somewhere, in order to let everyone forget about this corruption case, so having a special budget for this single EH-101 can attract attention
I don't follow this case, anyway if Corruption Agency stalls, it's usually means some parties higher up can be implicated. This case "rumoured" can implicated up to ex AF chief, and it's smell like some guys need to be cover first. Potential Four star involvement is very sensitive, as it can means it's close to either some high exposure parties in Parliament or administration.

We see some corruption convictions already happen for one star or two stars in TNI or Police before. However if it can dragging involvement of Four Star like this EH-101 case..I just don't buy it, if it's not have bread crumbs higher up.

On the other way around, it can be they don't find irregularities on the deal. Perhaps it's just some parties want to stop EH-101 deals, and got offended when AF try to push it. If that's the case, and this can involved Political bargaining to find settlement.

Last edited:

Sandhi Yudha

I don't follow this case, anyway if Corruption Agency stalls, it's usually means some parties higher up can be implicated. This case "rumoured" can implicated up to ex AF chief, and it's smell like some guys need to be cover first. Potential Four star involvement is very sensitive, as it can means it's close to either some high exposure parties in Parliament or administration.

We see some corruption convictions already happen for one star or two stars in TNI or Police before. However if it can dragging involvement of Four Star like this EH-101 case..I just don't buy it, if it's not have bread crumbs higher up.

On the other way around, it can be they don't find irregularities on the deal. Perhaps it's just some parties want to stop EH-101 deals, and got offended when AF try to push it. If that's the case, and this can involved Political bargaining to find settlement.
Thank you for your explanation.

Recently some very nice images are uploaded on the internet.

This amateur website
SAAB Bikin Pesawat Gripen Dengan Livery TNI AU tells that the images are uploaded by Saab to promote their stuff to Indonesia. I tried to search for it, but i couldn't find the original source or confirm that these are really uploaded by Saab. It is not on the official website of Saab AB, or their Twitter or Facebook page.

Last edited:

tonnyc

A totally new capital is more prestigious and (most importantly) much more expensive than expansion/inpoldering on Jakarta's northern coast.
Irrelevant. The point of a new capital is to move the capital away from Jakarta. Jakarta can do the expansion and sea wall without being the capital. Nothing prevents it.

The idea of moving the capital away from Jakarta has been around since Sukarno's days and has nothing to do with the sinking of Jakarta's northern coast.

As this is off-topic, I will keep it short. Bye.

Sandhi Yudha

We have already used satellite for this
Yes i know they can find all those hundreds of forest fires with satellites, but taking photos to find and identify the perpetrators can only be done with UAVs or helicopters.
The point is to catch those perpetrators and take them to the court. As long as the chance of punishment/sanctions is zero, those people will continue, they do not care about the environment, nature, polution, not even suffocating people who lost their lives because of their fires.

But there is also some good news.
If im not wrong this is the first CN235-220 MPA for Senegal.

Ahmad

Yes i know they can find all those hundreds of forest fires with satellites, but taking photos to find and identify the perpetrators can only be done with UAVs or helicopters.
The point is to catch those perpetrators and take them to the court. As long as the chance of punishment/sanctions is zero, those people will continue, they do not care about the environment, nature, polution, not even suffocating people who lost their lives because of their fires.

But there is also some good news.
If im not wrong this is the first CN235-220 MPA for Senegal.
They can find some one who did it by seeing the coordinate of the hot spot, they know already which person who own that land. They also have made an apps on that so officers who are near the site can be informed immediately.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
They can find some one who did it by seeing the coordinate of the hot spot, they know already which person who own that land. They also have made an apps on that so officers who are near the site can be informed immediately.
Is it the land owner that is usually the one starting these fires?

Ananda

The Bunker Group
@John Fedup yes, so far the finding related to Land Owners. It could be individuals or some under order from Big Plantation. There's already Law against that, however as usual in Indonesia, the problem always in implementation.

As previous haze, if the burning is already too big and out of control and already become National and Regional issue, then there will be strings of Investigation. There will be some Indictment, and face saving measure from the administration (National and Provincial).

However if can be contained or localised, then usually they will try to also 'containt' the exposure locally. I got some plantation customers in my Bank (or even more in my previous Bank), that told me how they used to contain the problem locally. Now it's wet season in Indonesia, thus those fire (as in Sandhi post) usually can be contain locally. The fire in photo's consider small and localised.

The big problem mostly happens in dry season. Last year dry season's considered short and during slower activities due to pandemic. This year and next year dry seasons will be the challenge to see if this administration can really able to deliver promises they make to Local Population and regional neighbors, on containing and controlling those plantations land clearing practices.

It's matter of cost for those plantations. There're off course more 'greener' and controlleable method for land clearing. However, burning them is much faster and cheaper to do. Off course it's also much harder to control the burning method, but then again money talks.

Last edited:

Ahmad

Is it the land owner that is usually the one starting these fires?
Usually as Ananda has explained, and it is also cheaper way to open a jungle for setting up an agricultural expansion plant, usual suspect is some one whose land/plantation just next to that hot spot detected by satellite.

Ahmad

Sipri said we have ordered another Amram for 100 missiles, I dont know whether it is true or not in reality, or just speculation from SIPRI

Sandhi Yudha

Sipri said we have ordered another Amram for 100 missiles, I dont know whether it is true or not in reality, or just speculation from SIPRI
I think it is just speculation, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency has not yet delivered the required certification to the Congress of any possible sale of the AIM-120C-7 to Indonesia.

Ahmad

I think it is just speculation, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency has not yet delivered the required certification to the Congress of any possible sale of the AIM-120C-7 to Indonesia.
Yup, despite there is some document said about Indonesia request without explaining the quantity of the missile. 100 missiles is about right since we are going to have around 32 F 16 that will have that capability after all F 16 A/B finish the refurbish and upgrade program and also 1 unit NASAMS. Around 37 AMRAM C 7 from previous order is not enough, particularly to prepare a full scale war.

1615650362094.png

Ananda

The Bunker Group
100 missiles is about right since we are going to have around 32 F 16 that will have that capability after all F 16 A/B finish the refurbish and upgrade program and also 1 unit NASAMS
The announcement of Indonesian NASAMS procurement for 1 unit is not clear whether it's for 1 Battery or 1 complete units (which consists of 2 Battery). Say it's one battery, then it's for 6 launchers with 6 Missiles each. If one complete units and that's 12 launchers.

Thus even MinDef already order 100 AMRAM, it's not going to be enough to equip overall F-16 and NASAMS unit. Still NASAMS can be equipped with either AMRAM and Sidewinder. Guess more sidewinder will equip Indonesian NASAMS.

Not that matter much though, even Isreal build SPYDER usually being equip more with Phyton then longer range Derby.

Sandhi Yudha

The announcement of Indonesian NASAMS procurement for 1 unit is not clear whether it's for 1 Battery or 1 complete units (which consists of 2 Battery). Say it's one battery, then it's for 6 launchers with 6 Missiles each. If one complete units and that's 12 launchers.

Thus even MinDef already order 100 AMRAM, it's not going to be enough to equip overall F-16 and NASAMS unit. Still NASAMS can be equipped with either AMRAM and Sidewinder. Guess more sidewinder will equip Indonesian NASAMS.

Not that matter much though, even Isreal build SPYDER usually being equip more with Phyton then longer range Derby.
If im not wrong Indonesia only bought around 30 AIM-9X-2 Sidewinder Block II missiles. I dont know how much AIM-9P-2 and AIM-9P-4 we have, but i expect it is a small amount too, and maybe even out of service due to age.
So it will be not enough for 33 F-16s and the NASAMS-batteries without additional orders.

Ahmad

After I see it more detail, the order is 200 AMRAM for NASAMS and the ones which get delivered in 2020 is 100 missiles, while previous order for 36 AMRAM C 7 for F 16 has been delivered. I wonder where they got this information from ??

Sandhi Yudha

DAPA official is in Indonesia, I bet they also discuss KFX/IFX program beside Changbogo second bach

"Extended my congratulations on the launching of the third submarine of Ind...."
The launch of KRI Alugoro 405 was in 2019......
A little bit late.

I am afraid it will stay with just a meeting and a conversation, after all the meeting is just with the minister of foreign affairs.

Btw, ive found the list you talked about.
Although SIPRI do their best to collect defence data, there are undoubtly errors and some things are or not yet sure or not yet updated. For example they are still talking about 80 KF-Xs, like Indonesia ordered 80 aircrafts from this type and 160 F414 turbofans.

Also the MV-22B is until now just on the wishlist, nothing more.

Last edited:

Ananda

The Bunker Group
SIPRI basically collect data from both the suppliers and customers side. However not all the data is already on contractual stages. Sometimes they also put data information that they're considered on serious discussion.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

From Kris FB, shown French delegates visiting Nusantara Turbin (DI subsidiary) that work on Turbine engine MRO. The visit is part of Rafale deal off set review. Seems engine MRO (or perhaps some parts) are included in Off Set negotiations for Rafale.

Still as goes in Indonesia, everything still can change until the payment and assets being build and deliver. On the other hand, French with Rafale deals seems got more traction.

Attachments