Indian Navy keen to buy newer generation aircraft

aayush

I didn't say they wouldn't I said it was an open question

Is there a way to access your Australianaviation.com.au source without subscribing? I haven't been able to.

The Defense Update source simply states what I have stated, that India will be able to, will have the option to, purchase the F-35. It does not say that India will do so. A request for information does not amount to an intent to buy.

I quote your own source India Strategic: "Whether India joins the production programme or not is an open question". ..:: India Strategic ::.. Indian Navy: US offers F 35 to India as India-US Defence Cooperation grows
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just go for google search and write India and F 35 JSF .
You will get that .

India navy only want F 35 . may be few . IAF will go for PAK FGFA.
For only small numbers no need to join as a partner of F 35 JSF for India.
They will need ( may be more delay ) after 2020 or 2025- not in hurry about F 35.
Let the price go down . Can wait till that.

aayush

If India want can thet buy F 35 JSF.

I know what you said. I see no evidence in support of your claim. No argument of any kind. Simply a blanket statement.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sir ,
Still waiting for your reply .

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just go for google search and write India and F 35 JSF .
You will get that .

India navy only want F 35 . may be few . IAF will go for PAK FGFA.
For only small numbers no need to join as a partner of F 35 JSF for India.
They will need ( may be more delay ) after 2020 or 2025- not in hurry about F 35.
Let the price go down . Can wait till that.
Again I'm waiting on your evidence. You've provided a small amount of indirect evidence that India may be investigating or considering the JSF. Your claim was that they WILL purchase it. You have yet to prove that.

aayush

I didn't say they wouldn't I said it was an open question

Is there a way to access your Australianaviation.com.au source without subscribing? I haven't been able to.

The Defense Update source simply states what I have stated, that India will be able to, will have the option to, purchase the F-35. It does not say that India will do so. A request for information does not amount to an intent to buy.

I quote your own source India Strategic: "Whether India joins the production programme or not is an open question". ..:: India Strategic ::.. Indian Navy: US offers F 35 to India as India-US Defence Cooperation grows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you read the full line ........
It says ----It is depend upon the numbers ( How much India want ).( But INS do not want big numbers) ,........
joint production - which is not going to happen .Simple.

I got you now . Your problem is the word " WILL".
I should use "India may go for JSF ".
There are few meanings of this word------ WILL
if you use in 2nd or 3rd person you can use will as expressing the future tense in statements.
If you use will in 1st person the meaning of will become as expressing a wish or intention .

I am writing to you for Indian Navy . Indian Navy becomes 3rd person for me . I use will as future tense not as intention , You take it as wish or intention.

Did I said India will purchase JSF ?

Mod Warning
If you're going to be pedantic then you need to get your own house in order first. Rather than concentrate on others I suggest that you get some accuracy into your own comments first.

In addition, you need to change your attitude. Backchatting a mod is a fast way to generate a warning - 3 warnings and you're out. You've just earnt your 1st.

Last edited:

SASWanabe

i think its also worth noting that the US doesnt offer anything to anyone. the A/C manufacturers might but the Govt does not. you have to go through FMS if you want US equipment.

StevoJH

The Bunker Group
i think its also worth noting that the US doesnt offer anything to anyone. the A/C manufacturers might but the Govt does not. you have to go through FMS if you want US equipment.
F-35 could be a bit more complicated then the 'normal' US kit as well, since it also contains technology from other nations other then the US as well.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

Just to clarify, US aircraft manufacturers cannot approach any country direct and offer military aircraft for sale - they require clearance and release papers from US State Dept first.

India cannot get access to JSF unless:

1) State gives release - and that would also require some congressional/executive input
2) the current members of the existing consortium also accept India in. Not all of the IP is american, and they don't have any authority to release danish weapons integration IP, norwegian anti-shipping missile tech IP etc.....
3) if India is then able to buy the JSF they then have to get in the production slots, and as all of those are covered, then they can only get end slots, or if another country elects to release theirs on cancellation or deferment, As Israel and Singapore are investing consortia members they are ahead of any non core members getting production slots.

It doesn't matter if India wants 200 JSF, she won't get early production slots unless someone gives theres up. That means that if she wants units she gets them after the existing 8+3+2 get their intended runs first