Imaginary Hindenburg Airborne Missile Frigate

windscorpion

I was thinking of possible use for airships in warfare, it was after i saw a report that the Venezuelan police are using remote controlled blimps, an armed UAV blimp might be useful against insurgents in places like Iraq. You could even have it solar powered for idling to give it a very long endurance.

12qwaszx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I already put 1.96 megawatt solar panel on walrus.With 8 second charge period,the walrus can fire a full burst of 14.4 megajoule sshcl.its endurance might be a week to a month without fuel resupply,if it use cells to save acquired solar energy.

The original and realistic purpose of Aeros's walrus is big heavy lift airship which transport tanks,troopers,helicopters to the frontline area.Land and release this cargo for combat.If You have visited their website and downloaded and watched the walrus's demonstrade vedio.Hence walrus is designed to work very close to frontline,i would like to try to arm it.

i heard walrus project and other airship company's heavy lift airship project is paused.It is said that they are too expensive than cargo ship,and too slow than cargo aircraft.Indeed it is.i can't deny this weakness.

Another ture and realistic operation is isis radar airship,which carry giant x-band radar.designed to detect cruise missile from 600km away,and ground troopers from 300km away,from 18-20km height.Still,this giant isis radar airship is not designed for combat purpose.

The hindenburg is indeed too slow,speed 135km/hr.the Aeros ML speed 278km/hr.it is still 87km/hr slower than ah-64 apache's 365km/hr.But,hence walrus can carry so many weapons,18 800kw sshcl,48 dual 20mm cannon,240 maverick and 240 mk84.
It doesn't matter that much if slower. So o far as i see iraq insurgent news,i guess no insurgent force can stand against 1 walrus.They are all small groups who set bomb traps and ambush American ranger' by surprise.

The walrus is not likely to be ambushed.
It could load 20-30 Infrared Acquisition and Designation System or Advanced Targeting Forward Looking Infrared.And let 20-30 airship crew keep looking and observeing the ground.And You can let another 20 airship crew use HGU-55/P or AN/AVS-7 for alert.

With 1L13 radar,i guess,it can detect f-117 at 66km and f-22 at 51.6km.But f-117 and f-22 is on the same side with walrus.Why would they attack walrus?As i know,none iraq or iran airborne unit or aircraft is stealth.

If 1 walrus patrol around iraq hostile insurgent area.i wonder if those insurgent would dare to attack.if they initiate an ambush and reveal themself to walrus,they will be bombed and squashed in few minutes.Because 1 walrus carry 10 times,270t projection weapons than b-52 stratofortress's 27t projection weapons.
even with 18 800kw sshcl and 48 2400rpm 20mm cannon is not counted.
And the insurgent can't hit and run.Few car can reach 278km/hr.Unless they have dragster or race car.

I think,hence walrus is extremly armed.it might even be capable to lead the possible strike on iran.With so many projection weapon and defensive turret.It doesn't matter if its is not stealth or blitz aircraft.

But sshcl is just demonstraded at 2007.2.It is a vital weapon for walrus.
Only with sshcl the walrus could neutralize enemy missiles or shells.
Who knows when it can be put on a walrus?

And the walrus project itself is paused,too.

Last edited:

brian00

Yes, Sir.

3.camouflage clothing
Although as large as Titanic. Hindenburg is a pretty cool target.With less IR signature.If some camouflage,such has real straw, grass,tree branch,are mixed on the hull,order it to land in a mountain area.With mountains higher and larget than the
Hindenburg.Enemy Su-34 flying over may consider it as a part of the mountain from 20km-30km away.While Tian-Gong-2 surface-to-air missile range 200km.

Of course,the Hindenburg can't do this in a very plain field.

Are you serious?

12qwaszx

Theoratically,su-34's Zhuk-MSFE radar could not identify a lying hindenburg in air to air mode.Though with large rcs,the hindenburg is as steady as background soil,dirt,clod.Usually
radar which use Doppler effect to purify such background reflection,will consider
hindenburg as a part of soil,both have relative velocity 0km/hr to su-34.
And the background's rcs is very much larger than hindenburg.

In su-34's Zhuk-MSFE radar air to ground mode.Its radar imaging for the su-34 pilot to identify ground object.Pilot can easily find where the hindenburg is lying on plain field.Such independent huge thing can't be covered anyway.At mountainous area,with hills ,graves and mounds longer and higher than hindenburg.hindenburg can lie in the gap between hills.Thus the su-34 pilot can't identify it from Zhuk-MSFE's radar imaging.Because hindenburg and hills look alike.

Normal pilot's effective eyesight should be in 20-30 km range.Beyond this effective eyesight range,camouflage clothing can be indeed meaningful.
No pilot will be deceived if he peer at camouflaged hindenburg from 1 km away.

This might be adapted to walrus as well.Because the maxium range of skybow-2 missile is 200km.And russia r-37 missile range 300km.Any russia fighter which can load r-37 can hit and run.Leave walrus to deal with dozens of r-37 painfully.

There might be 1 walrus float by 278km/hr at 7.6km height.Attract emeny su-34 get in r-37's range.Another walrus lie between hills,graves or mounds 100-150km away from the decoy walrus,between the decoy walrus and su-34.As the su-34 could launch their r-37,so can the lying walrus launch its skybow-2.

12qwaszx

i could not make late night advermercial and try to sell stuff for russia NITEL JSC famils's 1l13 radar ,Lawrence Livermore's sshcl laser,aeros-china's walrus,
Ministry of National Defense r.o.c's missile and 20mm cannon simultaneously.

i could not market for these different organization which never cooperate together.i did not see NITEL and Lawrence Livermore claim any joint project.They were even totally hostile to each other in cold war era.You may refer to the history.

1.1l13 radar:
www dot pwgs dot org/products/ad/nebosv dot htm
2.Aeros-D4 / D8 walrus aeroscraft
www dot aeroschina dot com/aeroscraft dot html
www dot aeroscraft dot com/Video dot htm
3.Lawrence Livermore sshcl solid state heat capacity laser
www dot llnl dot gov/str/April06/Soules dot html
www dot llnl dot gov/nif/psa/sshcl dot html
4.Aeros-ML
www dot blimp-n2a dot com/aeros dot htm
www dot aeroscraft dot com/Aeroscraft%20Travel dot htm
5.SkyBow-2 missile
www dot mnd dot gov dot tw/Publish dot aspx?cnid=77&p=32
www dot mnd dot gov dot tw/Publish dot aspx?cnid=165&p=334
6.SkySword-2 missile
www dot mnd dot gov dot tw/Publish dot aspx?cnid=165&p=330
7.T82F dual 20mm cannon
www dot mnd dot gov dot tw/Publish dot aspx?cnid=77&p=27

Things beyond truly exists.Each of themself is not a joke.
The walrus project is paused,at least,this project exists.

12qwaszx

Almost all of these airship are designed to work at close frontline area.Like close frontline radar alert or close frontline transport.Hence they might be the first unit who detect a hostile target or the lead transport to a hostile area,they are all unarmed,i don't know why?

12qwaszx

I have a second thought about airship's combat application.
So i change the original post.
I don't mean to play any joke to anyone on this serious forum at all.

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
However the WWI airships were underpowered. Modern ones, utilising moder, lightweight turboprop engines would not.
CargoLifter CL160, as designed in 2002, was supposed to cruise around at speeds of around 50 knots (90 km/h) with a 160-ton payload.
Using four modern GE turboshafts with 6m propellers for cruise drive, another four of the same type for maneuvering including straight vertical, and five steering engines.

12qwaszx

Lockheed-Martin's
www . lockheedmartin . com/products/HighAltitudeAirship/index . html
Raytheon's
www . raytheon.com/feature/x-band_antenna06