How many Soldiers are in service in Pakistan and India??

Su_37

Majin-Vegeta said:
wat? no..Pakistan produce thier own AK47's..they make the best weaponry in the world..and sorry didnt mean to be rude to soldiers :S

Well yea you are right that why i just heard the news that China is Buying 5 billions worth of Arms and moreover 500k worth of AK 47's .. right ........and now even US , Uk and RUSSIA is now also planning to purchase wepons form PAK , wow PAk beomce world largest wepons expoter ,, kool na :rotfl

dabrownguy

The topic is whos army is superior. Now in my opinon India cause they got larger numbers, largest standing army. And transport-heles to back them up. As well as a lot of platforms and tanks.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
There are a few complexities to this.

Theatre of operations
Logistics
Duration
Type of initial contact
Capacity to surge
Capacity for infrastructure to sustain non war operations
Political Will and intent
Government of the day
Training
Alliances
War reserves
Whether its a battlefield or a Theatre of operations

All have substantial impact on an outcome

Indus

gf0012 said:
There are a few complexities to this.

Theatre of operations
Logistics
Duration
Type of initial contact
Capacity to surge
Capacity for infrastructure to sustain non war operations
Political Will and intent
Government of the day
Training
Alliances
War reserves
Whether its a battlefield or a Theatre of operations

All have substantial impact on an outcome
Youre right GF.. thats why its pointless to make tit-for-tat arguments that this army is better than that or would win a war against such-n-such country until the next full-on modern war between them.. only then can we assess the true superiority of either..

lamdacore

just wondering, is pakistani and indian forces under a process of modernization. I mean like they adon't seem to be equiped like US or UK troops. they just have a soldier with only a single gun and no backpacks. Can somebody tell me status of the pakistani and indian in this regard. this might even be a good fact to point out which army is better. Check out Isreal small army BUT highly modernized and the surrounding countries might have larger armies but NOT that modernized.

thnx!

seth

yo peoples does the pakistani military produce and issue everyone of their soldiers with bullet proof vests ? i just wanted to know? :?: :?:

Roger Smith

seth said:
yo peoples does the pakistani military produce and issue everyone of their soldiers with bullet proof vests ? i just wanted to know? :?: :?:

Bullet proof vests are issued during combat operations! :smokingc:

The military fighting force is approx. 65 to 70% of the bulk force, which I assume are issued bullet proof vests.

Winter

lamdacore said:
just wondering, is pakistani and indian forces under a process of modernization. I mean like they adon't seem to be equiped like US or UK troops. they just have a soldier with only a single gun and no backpacks. Can somebody tell me status of the pakistani and indian in this regard. this might even be a good fact to point out which army is better. Check out Isreal small army BUT highly modernized and the surrounding countries might have larger armies but NOT that modernized.

thnx!
I doubt there is a time when forces are not under a process of modernisation. It would actually cost to maintain an exact status quo. Kit differs country to country and that is just the way it is, with status of budgets/reserach/sourcing and else.

We have a thread on 'The Best Army In The World.'

http://defencetalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=616

mysterious

Although I agree that Pakistan and India dont have a highly modernized force in terms of the equipment that each soldier carries and all as compared to the US or the UK; they do get backpacks (for operations) carrying different equipment (according to their needs, but not as highly advanced as those of the American troops) and of course they get a bulletproof vest and a head gear and all (this aint the 50s or the 60s for pete's sakes)! Talking about which army is better, I would say Indian army has the advantage of numbers over the Pakistani Army but the Indian army lacks flexibility to deploy troops; meaning that Pakistani Army can deploy and re-deploy its troops faster than the Indians (2003 Estimate by CSIS says Pakistan has around 1200 APCs-Armoured Personnel Carriers while India has around 200 or something). Now this might not be an accurate estimate but I would also say that with respect to the size of the Indian forces, they desparately need more APCs; you cannot go around in army trucks all the time, you need armoured protection for your troops to deploy them faster. The geographical part plays its point here as well because during war-time given the lesser strategic depth of Pakistan, its forces can be put to the border with India relatively quite faster than India can do that. So its not just about whose army is better with the equipment they have in their hands, it takes in to account a lot of other things that contribute towards an army's effectiveness and battle worthiness.
About how many soldiers are there in their armies, I would put CSIS figures here once again, Pakistan has 550,000 and India 1,100,000 (almost the double of Pakistani Army) but their reserves are almost the same at half a million. :smokingc:

Roger Smith

mysterious said:
(2003 Estimate by CSIS says Pakistan has around 1200 APCs-Armoured Personnel Carriers while India has around 200 or something).

Mys...............You should study more on the aforementioned subject then come back again with your improved version on how many APC India has in its inventory? ;)

mysterious

Roger Smith said:
mysterious said:
(2003 Estimate by CSIS says Pakistan has around 1200 APCs-Armoured Personnel Carriers while India has around 200 or something).

Mys...............You should study more on the aforementioned subject then come back again with your improved version on how many APC India has in its inventory? ;)
I just qouted the amount from the CSIS report and thats why I said I'm not sure if that is the correct amount because it looks too low; but I know enough to believe India does have less APCs than Pakistan and it needs to do something about it. And Roger, if you know more than I do, then please state your part of the story with some evidence over here before trying to insult (and/or provoke) me or any other member and if you do, then just pray that I or someone else dont lose our tempers over such degrading comments which have nothing to do with reality but rather your mere love for increasing your post count on this forum. :mad

Roger Smith

mysterious said:
Roger Smith said:
mysterious said:

I just qouted the amount from the CSIS report and thats why I said I'm not sure if that is the correct amount because it looks too low; but I know enough to believe India does have less APCs than Pakistan and it needs to do something about it. And Roger, if you know more than I do, then please state your part of the story with some evidence over here before trying to insult (and/or provoke) me or any other member and if you do, then just pray that I or someone else dont lose our tempers over such degrading comments which have nothing to do with reality but rather your mere love for increasing your post count on this forum. :mad

Mys.............It seems you are very sensitive. I am not going to war with you and it is just a discussion forum. :smokingc:

Herewith, I am quoting you on India's APC/ICV inventory as follows;

BMP-1 : 700
BMP-2 : 900 + (100 units every year produced)
OT-62/64: 700 +

Reserved/Storage
500 + (Russian & Czech made)

I hope my response is satisfactory to you. ;)

mysterious

Its not about me being sensitive or not Roger; its more about how you word your post that determines the responses that other people make to your posts. And yes, thnx for giving me the figures on the Indian APC inventory, I'm looking up for some info in this regard myself as well. Cheerz! :smokingc:

Roger Smith

mysterious said:
Its not about me being sensitive or not Roger; its more about how you word your post that determines the responses that other people make to your posts. And yes, thnx for giving me the figures on the Indian APC inventory, I'm looking up for some info in this regard myself as well. Cheerz! :smokingc:

Great! :smokingc: