gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Crusader2000 said:
I think you are missing the point?
No, not at all.

Crusader2000 said:
It maybe true that only USN Los Angeles Class SSN's (including improved LA's) are used during RIMPAC Exercises.
actually, not maybe - it is true.

Crusader2000 said:
Yet, both American designs have simliar capabilities and are manufactured by the same company. (i.e.General Dynamics) :unknown
err, no. they are acoustically very very different. there is not a lot of acoustic relationship at all between these boats - and they play very differently. Thats why SSBN's don't ride shotgun for a CSF.

I'm curious, what is your background on this? You seem to be missing some very obvious clues I'm making that someone within this area would know about.

Crusader2000

Banned Member
gf0012-aust said:
No, not at all.

actually, not maybe - it is true.

err, no. they are acoustically very very different. there is not a lot of acoustic relationship at all between these boats - and they play very differently. Thats why SSBN's don't ride shotgun for a CSF.

I'm curious, what is your background on this? You seem to be missing some very obvious clues I'm making that someone within this area would know about.

So, you believe a Los Angeles Class SSN is nowhere near as quite as a Ohio Class SSBN?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Crusader2000 said:
So, you believe a Los Angeles Class SSN is nowhere near as quite as a Ohio Class SSBN?
Read my response carefully and understand this basic premise: I am not going to make detailed public comment on the acoustical property differences of US, Australian or allied platforms.

Bearing that in mind. If you are aware of the platforms, and are familiar with sub warfare, then there are some very self evident points.

You have yet to answer my question on your knowledge base. Once I know that then it may be approp for me to change the way that I answer some questions. You are asking questions that do seem to show that you are unfamiliar with subs and their roles - and definitely are unaware of what can be said in a public forum.

Last edited:

Cootamundra

Crusader2000 said:
That's what he's said to you clearly in his last response mate, is it just that you don't like what gf has to say?:confused:

Crusader2000

Banned Member
Well, first the the material is not classified and its common knowledge that SSK's easily sink USN CBG during Exercises. (i.e. RIMPAC) To I can't comment on it without leaking "Top Secret Information on the Acoustics Signatures of USN Submarines" ! So, what is it??? As for my background I am a civilian and I work in the Logistics/Supply Chain Field. Mainly with US Automotive and Defense Companies. Further, I am also a member of the USNI, Tailhook Assoc, and the United States Naval League. (among others) My political affiliation is with the Republican Party..............While, I may be a amateur with regards to Submarine Warfare. Yet, respectfully you have not answer my questions with any real substantial information? More opinion than any hard facts? According to your comments here. A small fleet of quiet SSK's could hold the world at bay or at least the USN!:eek:nfloorl:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Crusader2000 said:
Well, first the the material is not classified and its common knowledge that SSK's easily sink USN CBG during Exercises. (i.e. RIMPAC) To I can't comment on it without leaking "Top Secret Information on the Acoustics Signatures of USN Submarines" ! So, what is it???
The end game results of RIMPAC re sub strikes have been in the Public Domain - and they have been in various commentaries of Proceedings and the NSL - so what is it you don't understand?

Crusader2000 said:
Yet, respectfully you have not answer my questions with any real substantial information?
and as clearly stated - I am not going to go into detail about acoustic differences on US subs - are you being pernicious? what detailed info do you think should be made available to you beyond public comment by SecNav and CINCPAC?

Crusader2000 said:
More opinion than any hard facts? According to your comments here. A small fleet of quiet SSK's could hold the world at bay or at least the USN!
where the heck did you read that out of any of my comments? - what has been clearly delivered are statements of fact from known events. The fact that you cannot comprehend why they've been said - and the reason for being oblique indicates a failure to either listen or an attempt to be contrary. The threat issues about conventionals have been raised by CINCPAC and SecNav quite frequently - are you telling me that you think that they have no idea what is on the USN's operational and technical threat matrix?

Crusader2000 said:
and closing off with emoticons like the above demonstrate a paucity of maturity - not capability.

for someone who has invested in Proceedings - then you seem to lack some very basic comprehension about Naval Exercises and Naval Warfare in particular.

As for this subject - it's been exhausted and you're offering nothing of substance beyond a demonstration of an ability to be contrary about subject specifics.

Thread Closed pending Mod Discussion over re-opening.

It would be worth your while to lift the standard of your responses - to date you've been singularly unimpressive by failing to comprehend some basic issues. Being a smart arse won't see you last long with me. I have little patience for trolls - and I'd hate to see you added to the short list of other notables who thought that participation was based on being argumentative while demonstrating a complete lack of ability to listen to what and why things are being said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.