How do you evaluate the 4 generation fighter of China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

einsamuboot

I think the best Christmas and New Year present for Aviation enthusiasts (especially in China) is that the appearance of 4th generation fighter (J20 maybe the name). It is surprising that nearly everyone can go there to see it or to take pictures (secretly).

From the open available photos, we may find:

1. The aerodynamic design can assure its supermaneuverability (although we don't know the features of its 2 engines, it seems not like the russian AL31, which is now used for J10 and Su27 or J11). The vertical tail, which can turn 90 degrees and the all movable canard is also good for maneuverablity.

2. the stealth features can not be evaluated according the available photos, but the air intakes seem advanced, like the F35. And the big size can assure that it has a big internal weapon bays. the comments on this is welcomed.

3. Thr Rador information has not been known. So we cannot assess its performance. But according to the technical progress of China, I think there is no problem for AESA, because it has been used for its AWACS KJ 2000. the problem is the miniaturization for fighter.

4. I don't think the supersonic cruise is the aim of J20. The strategy of PLA air force is not the AF of US.

SASWanabe

this makes 5, gotta be a record of :spam

mate there are already 4 posts like this you should post it in one of those

Status
Not open for further replies.