Good forum but – moderators are “lazy” :)

SpelingMistakes

Good forum but – moderators are “lazy” :)

I mean – when I post – when I spent my time to create some post, to revaluate and to cheek several times my own post on my computer , then I normally go to post it on forum, BUT THEN :)

My post must be “approved”, and that nobody do for hours – That isn’t good - my taste

I know what is the reason for something like that – but I don’t know why nobody don’t come here regularly and prove good messages. Even when I see super moderator or some moderator, I get hope my message will be approved and that will allow other “side” in discussion to read my point of view, nothings happened – They come and leave and nothing happens.

That is critic – I try to find answer in FAQ – I didn’t find not even a word about that – put something about that there – it is also important stuff – Much more important of for instance cookies stuff.

PS I am also administrator of one forum which I already mention – I know how “boring” can be moderating or been a administrator – but this is little out of the question. Pay better salaries :) and moderators will possible work better :)

Grand Danois

Entertainer
Mods don't have to approve posts before they are accepted into the database.

I have noted that some of the threads you have created were "unapproved". As I understand it, it is A) because a mod has actively unapproved it, or B) your posts have triggered some of the automation (spam filters and the like) of this site, which can cause your following posts to be unapproved too.

Yours is a rare case methinks, as this is the only example of someone unintentionally getting caught up, I have seen...

Webs would have the details.

SpelingMistakes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope so that in my messages don’t have anything bad!

I write them as professional as I can. Maybe some little mistakes but noting close to spam – I am curious what can cause that “traps” to act on my posts.

I think all 3 my post become “trapped” and I am curious why – Did I make some problems or that is very rare case of activating traps!

I am looking for a “nice and easy” work and helping to this forum – I hope so this little problems will be solved in soon future.

Spel

PS I didn’t have information’s about what cause my problem and in that manner with message after posting which says that moderator must approve my message I wrote this “critique” – I thin its ok to say that I didn’t mean nothing bad and I am sorry if I sound kind a disappointed by behaviour of moderators.

Thanks in advance on resolving this

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
All of your posts were approved today... sorry. :(

The moderators are not lazy but the spam filter that we have in place filters based on certain keywords in the post/subject so it sends 1-2 posts out of 100 into the approve queue.

I do apologize for any delay in approving the posts.

Thanks and enjoy!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Regarding your comments about moderators and paying them:

Moderating any forum is a hard thing to do and DefenceTalk is no different. The moderators on DefenceTalk (as on many other forums) are volunteers and are not paid for their efforts, and I personally appreciate the time they put in and expertise that they bring to the forums as a whole and I am sure rest of the community does as well because we've for past three years have maintained a professional and strict enforcement of the rules which enables all of to have civilized discussions. I am often told that people have to think twice before posting on DefenceTalk forums because of how we moderate.

I just wanted to insert that comment in regarding moderators so we are not in some confusion as far as their role is concerned.

Thanks!

SpelingMistakes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Comment with paying a moderator was joke – I hope so all other understand that :)

I am sorry if I make some problems with my clumsy comments

Spel

Theodor

The last two posts I made needed to be "approved".

The first post was in a thread I think was no longer excepting posts. My bad on that one. But the next one I checked first.

From my post count you can see, I do more lurking than posting. However you might want to fine tune that spam filter a bit, if every post I make requires approval it might lead me to post less than I already do.

Theo

Grand Danois

Entertainer
The last two posts I made needed to be "approved".

The first post was in a thread I think was no longer excepting posts. My bad on that one. But the next one I checked first.

From my post count you can see, I do more lurking than posting. However you might want to fine tune that spam filter a bit, if every post I make requires approval it might lead me to post less than I already do.

Theo
You had 1 unapproved post, which has now been approved. Reading it I don't understand how it got caught...

Any fine tuning of spam filters is for Webs.

Cheers.

Theodor

Thanks for the reply.

If it's something about my posts let me know and I will make correction.

I started thinking what could set it off about my posts and came up with two idea's.
1. The posts where limited in content. Though not one liners, I wouldn't call them novella's either.
2. It's been a long time since my last post.

It may never happen to me again but that human need (want) to know thing kicked in.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Removed few words from the list, that should take care of the issue. Also, if you have more than 10 posts, the filter is never applied.