Glock vs Baretta 9mm pistol

Spetsznaz

What's the story of 10mm,well i have read it has got greater recoil as compared to .45ACP .Was this the main reason for FBI inspectors rejecting it?
The main reason to rejecting it is actually pretty pathetic, it was because "concluded that its recoil was excessive in terms of training for average agent/police officer competency of use and qualification," and the pistols that chambered it were too large for some small-handed individuals. :gun

Many still prefer the 10mm and refer to the .40S&W which the FBI decided to adopt as the "short and weak"

It really gets down to two choices when it comes to pistol ammo

9mm, .22, .40=Weaker and less range, however if with this ammo you can carry a larger magazine load, which believe or not is a big issue

.45, .357, .50 AE= More powerful, higher velocity, however more heavier and smaller magazine capacity

It really evens it self out. Look at is this way: Weaker round and you have more bullets in the magazines to spit out, Powerful round less ammo to pump out, but you can really on the pure power to bring down a individual.

However this is hope, and you can be like me and continue to love my baby the .41 Action Express:D

golden

Beretta vs glock

SURB,

I have carried both the GLOCK and BERETTA. Also the BERETTA 96D in .40 caliber was my agency issue weapon for about 10 years.

In 9m.m., both guns are easy to shoot and very, very reliable. The GLOCK 17 is a little easier to conceal and much lighter than the BERETTA 92. As far as shooting, the BERETTA is generally more accurate and recoil is lighter.
If I were buying a gun to conceal, it would be the GLOCK 19 which is a better overall gun than the GLOCK 17 as far as I am concerned (I carried both 17 & 19 on duty). The GLOCK 19 set the standard for a dual open carry belt and concealed carry gun. It has adequate power and controllability without excessive bulk.

The difference in trigger designs is exagerated in my opinion. The difference only really become a problem when you switch back and forth between different styles of trigger. Just learn to use it correctly when you get it. The money invested in training is VERY WELL SPENT!

Try both guns if you can. Both are very good and I have staked my life on them both.

Jim

SURB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello everyone, well i have personally shot .45ACP caliper which is something round about 11.4mm.And it has some good amount of recoil.
I have read some where that the recoil and kinetic energy of 10mm exceeds that of .45ACP round.
Question arises is it something to do with the charge been used, how this can happen that 10mm recoils(comparably a small round) exceeds .45ACP (I know 10mm is not a standard round,and neither it's available where i live but :? still like a puzzle for me).

Video Link:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exxPPbQc4FQ"]YouTube - 45 ACP vs. 10mm - you choose[/nomedia]

SASWanabe

Hello everyone, well i have personally shot .45ACP caliper which is something round about 11.4mm.And it has some good amount of recoil.
I have read some where that the recoil and kinetic energy of 10mm exceeds that of .45ACP round.
Question arises is it something to do with the charge been used, how this can happen that 10mm recoils(comparably a small round) exceeds .45ACP (I know 10mm is not a standard round,and neither it's available where i live but :? still like a puzzle for me).

Video Link:

YouTube - 45 ACP vs. 10mm - you choose

What Grain weights are we talking about?

Todjaeger

Potstirrer

Video Link:

YouTube - 45 ACP vs. 10mm - you choose
The 10mm round is a slightly smaller round than that of the .45 ACP, typically, however the size/weight difference is rather slight. For most .45 ACP loads, the bullet weight is measured between 185 and 230 grains, for 10mm it typically runs from ~160 to 200 grains. A few areas of significant difference between the two is the muzzle velocity, with a 10mm round typically having a muzzle velocity of ~200 fps (feet per second) greater than that of a .45 ACP. One area of considerable difference between the two is the average pressure generated when fired, with a .45 ACP having ~21,000 psi (pounds per square inch) with a 10mm having ~37,500 psi.

The amount of recoil 'felt' between the two is typically similar, with slightly more apparent from the 10mm, having to do with the amount of KE exerted on the firearms from the bullet and powder gases exiting a given velocities.

Hope this clears things up for you to a degree.

-Cheers

John Smith

Text deleted. If you wish to advertise your business please contact the Webmaster.

This is an international defence forum, not a gun lovers / hobbyists site.

Ngatimozart

Last edited by a moderator: