Georgian War Gallery?

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure how pictures end up the in pictures gallery here, but given the rather notable volume of photography available on the Georgian war could we add a gallery dedicated to it?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello Feanor,

Thanks for the suggestion. I should have it done today or tomorrow.

Cheers!

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What kind of photos do you accept for uploading? For example, is it enough for me to get onto rian.ru and download the photos they have up, then re-upload them here? Or are you looking for original photographs only?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
What kind of photos do you accept for uploading? For example, is it enough for me to get onto rian.ru and download the photos they have up, then re-upload them here? Or are you looking for original photographs only?
Well, better if you have your own pictures or the pictures are available in the public domain. I am not sure about rian.ru or what their policy is, as I cannot read russian so you would have to check with them.

We don't mind any pictures, proper references should be given in the description.

Thanks

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
From the look of it they (as most Russian web portals) don't have particular rules or standards for that matter. For example I've seen them basically pull a frame out of a Russian TV clip and use it as a photo for illustration purposes more then once. I'm going to pull out the photos from our Georgian War threads and post them up there first.