Generation of C-A-T Tourniquets

Tanakaskull

I'm investigating the generation of C-A-T tourniquets used by the US Army.

I know about Gen7 to Gen5, but I don't know about Gen4 and earlier.
What are the features of Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, and Gen4?

I'd like to ask for your help.

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
I'm investigating the generation of C-A-T tourniquets used by the US Army.

I know about Gen7 to Gen5, but I don't know about Gen4 and earlier.
What are the features of Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, and Gen4?

I'd like to ask for your help.
I would recommend reach contacting North American Rescue directly here, as the C-A-T is their product. I do know a few of the changes which have been made between different generations, but I do not know which generations the changes occurred. For instance, the plastic windlass rod has apparently increased in diameter to increase strength. I do know at one point, in one of the earlier generations, the windless rod had been made from steel, but they were changed to plastic to make it easier to take x-rays and use other diagnostic kit that does not work so well with magnetic and/or RF-opaque materials.

Tanakaskull

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would recommend reach contacting North American Rescue directly here, as the C-A-T is their product. I do know a few of the changes which have been made between different generations, but I do not know which generations the changes occurred. For instance, the plastic windlass rod has apparently increased in diameter to increase strength. I do know at one point, in one of the earlier generations, the windless rod had been made from steel, but they were changed to plastic to make it easier to take x-rays and use other diagnostic kit that does not work so well with magnetic and/or RF-opaque materials.
Thank you.

I asked NAR and they only told me the difference between Gen7 and Gen6.

You say there are “steel windlass ”, but is this a very old generation?
Is it okay to think of the “steel windlass ” as a Gen1?

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
Thank you.

I asked NAR and they only told me the difference between Gen7 and Gen6.

You say there are “steel windlass ”, but is this a very old generation?
Is it okay to think of the “steel windlass ” as a Gen1?
Honestly I am uncertain what CAT generations had a steel rod in place of the current plastic one, though it was one (or perhaps several) of the earlier ones. A friend of mine stated his preference for the steel, which was apparently no longer available by mid-2015. It might every well have only been the first generation, or it might have been in the first few generations.