General Aviation Thread

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
A large US air freight operator is moving from B767 conversions to A330-300 conversions as it begins to future proof its fleet. It said that the A330-300 is of similar size to the B767 but has larger volume, longer range and can lift 8% more payload by weight.

FormerDirtDart

Essentially USTRANSCOM has issued a warning order to members of the Civil Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF) for possible activation.
Most likely to transship evacuees from locations outside of Afghanistan. While military airlift would continue to do the evacuations from Kabul.

Ananda

The Bunker Group

Bankruptcy to another Airlines, more importantly another Flag Carrier. Before this we already heard on Alitalia and Thai Airways, we also known on the condition on South Africa Airlines and several other Flag Carriers. In fact it should be much more. At least in South East Asia alone, if not due to Political consideration flag carriers like Malaysian Airlines and Garuda Indonesia will already in technical bankrupt financially.

COVID already taking toll on the Industry is not a secret. However do Nation's still need maintaining Flag Carriers? Most of it due to national pride, which justified Political costs to keep them flying.

However, whether due to Pandemic or Financial Crisis, any company in any Industry should be let it fall, especially if the problem already arise before the Pandemic. Take it as example on Malaysian Airlines and Garuda Indonesia, both continue being inject directly and indirectly due to Political consideration. No administration in both countries want to take Political costs to let the 'pride' flag carrier go down.

Many of those Flag Carrier not working efficiently, perhaps on the mentality that the Government will bail them up if they mess up. Perhaps only few Flag Carriers, the like of Singapore Airlines and Qantas that in other spectrum of efficiency and profitability. Even then both of them got problem due this Pandemic, however their pre-pandemic condition still save them.

Just my ranting on why Nation's should not maintain and help Flag Carriers, especially if they already have problem before the Pandemic.

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I always considered my kids to be my pride and joy. the boys were my pride and the girls were my joy. mind you teenage years (many years ago) were a bit trying in some cases, but not all.
Very proud of my kids. Yes teenage years were somewhat interesting and the daughter was and still is fiery. All the women down my side of the family are somewhat fiery. My mum, aunties, sisters, granddaugthers and nieces are the same. Funnily enough she who must be obeyed is also somewhat fiery. My son is quite quiet and even as a teenager didn't get up to half the things I did at the same age. He went all Goth. On the other hand the daughter she went all out. It was quite entertaining and sometimes it was very hard keeping a straight face when trying to be serious about the latest escapade.

cdxbow